The app combines highly accurate weather forecast for your location with a 3D map showing development of weather in a broader area in a very interesting way. This allows you to see where precipitation is going to come from or where the wind is blowing from. The uniqueness of the app comes from the amount of data displayed. Forecast of weather, precipitation, wind, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different altitudes is available for the whole world.
The Ventusky application solves weather displaying in an interesting way. Wind is displayed using streamlines which clearly portray the continuous development of weather. Airflow on Earth is always in motion and the streamlines depict this motion in an amazing way. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
Weather forecast for the first three days is available in the app in one-hour steps. For other days, it’s available in three-hour steps. Users can also look up sunrise and sunrise times in a given place.
Thanks to the Ventusky application, visitors get data directly from the numerical models that, just a few years ago, were used solely by meteorologists. The app collects data from the most accurate numerical models. Besides the well-known data from the American GFS and HRRR models, it also displays data from the Canadian GEM model and the German COSMO and particular ICON model, which is unique thanks to its high resolution for the whole world. Two models, EURAD and USRAD, are based on current radar and satellite readings. These models are able to show precisely current precipitation in US and Europe.
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS
• Temperature (16 levels)
• Temperature anomaly
• Perceived temperature
• Wind (16 levels)
• Wind gusts (1 hour, long time maximum)
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hour, long time accumulation)
• Cloud cover (high, middle, low, total)
• Snow cover (total, new)
• Humidity (4 layers)
• Dew point
• Air pressure
• CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Freezing level
• Wave forecast
• Ocean currents
• Air quality (AQI, NO2, SO2, PM10, PM2.5, O3, dust or CO)
• Probability of aurora
LIST OF WEATHER WIDGETS
• Forecast 4x2
• Forecast 2x2
• Forecast 4x4
• Radar 4x2
• Radar 2x2
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Major update is here with amazing new features!
1) Weather fronts worldwide! We have created a neural network that predicts the positions of cold, warm, occluded, and stationary fronts based on data from weather models. This algorithm is unique, and we are the first on the world who makes global fronts forecast available to users. Note, that this feature is still in the BETA testing (we plan further improvements in our algorithm).
2) Temperature anomaly! This new layer shows the temperature anomaly from the long-term average for a given time. This average is based on the 40 years period (1980-2020). Temperatures above the average are displayed from orange to red colors, and below average are displayed from blue to purple. You can see how unusual the weather is in your area.
3) GPS pointer. You can turn on GPS pointer in the Settings section. It will show you the current position on the map (GPS) and the weather for this location.
4) Sea surface temperature with a forecast for the next 7 days based on the new RTOFS model
5) Air Quality Index (AQI). This new layer shows the overall air quality. Moreover, we have created the air quality chart that shows the development of AQI in the next 4 days. You can use the AQI to plan your outdoor activities.
6) Ocean currents
Ratings and Reviews
*Updated* Good Start
So far so good. The updates for the initial bugs have really helped. Look forward to the possibility of landscape mode on iPhone. Biggest downfall right now and what keeps me going back to the website instead of the app is there's no wave information in the app. My job is on the water so that's a significant loss in my book. Look forward to seeing that as an addition.
*As the developer said in their response to my original review, it would take a bit, but they came through as promised and the wave height has been added with all the other features they've put in so far. It works great! And now information I need daily for work is quickly and easily accessible and I can even get updates while out on the boat if needed as long as we are near shore and get cell service. The app is much smoother to operate on-the-go over the website (not criticizing the website, merely thinking of ease of use on a smartphone) and now has all the features for forecasting a day or several working out on the water. Thank you!*
Developer Response ,
Thank you, I am glad to hear that!
As a private pilot, I love this app. It gives an incredibly valuable overview of how the air is moving, and how it’s expected to change. The visual display gives you an intuitive sense that’s hard to get any other way. It also shows details, like patches of winds you might not anticipate from a Surface Analysis, METARs, TAFs, or winds aloft. Other layers like temps, air pressure, Thunderstorms and freezing levels also help build your understanding of the day’s conditions. And it’s fun to look at big picture stuff all around the world.
Two minor complaints: Value numbers can be impossible to read against dark colored areas like storms, and don’t increase in size when you zoom in.
Wind streak lines are a bit short. I’d like to see more custom display settings like on the web version.
I am both a pilot and an astronomer. I do like the app as the winds are the most valuable aspect when preparing for a flight along with other pilot tools. However, there are no state or county boundary lines or other demarcations on the maps. So, you have to be extremely knowledgeable about the region and terrain under a thunderstorm or you’re just guessing as to its precise location. A weather app should be about preparation, not guessing. The Sun and Moon information doesn’t work at all and when it did appear once for me, the information for the date was incorrect. Other features are nice, but when it comes to needing up-to-the-minute radar, I’m going to have to stick with far better apps that afford professional services and pinpoint locations of storm systems, lightning and ground tracks. Thanks for the effort and I look forward to more improvements.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We are displaying state borders on the map. You have to zoom in. However, it could be displayed sooner. We will improve this and add more information on our maps. It is our priority now. The Sun and Moon information is fixed. I am sorry for that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- InMeteo, s.r.o.
- 74.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © InMeteo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.