The Verbum mobile app runs on Logos’ powerful Bible software and is the world’s most advanced resource for mobile Catholic study. The Verbum app surrounds the Bible with the Tradition. Verbum comes with 15 free books, including the Lectionary, six Bible translations, reference works, and saints’ lives resources, and works seamlessly with your other Logos books, such as the Catechism of the Catholic Church. When you sign in with a free Logos account, you get access to many more free resources and features, such as the Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), reading plans, highlights, and note–taking features. The Verbum app syncs across all your platforms, so you can pick up right where you left off. Download the free Verbum app today and bring the Mind of the Church with you wherever you go.
*The Catholic Lectionary, The Roman Catechism, Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), Thomas a Kempis’ The Imitation of Christ, Newman’s An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, Chesterton’s Orthodoxy, and many more.
*Free Bibles: The Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Douay-Rheims, King James Version, Clementine Vulgate, Novum Testamentum Graece (Tischendorf), The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, Lexham English Bible.
* LECTIONARY: Access daily readings with a simple tap.
* CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The app integrates fully with the Logos edition of the Catechism.
* NOTES: Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
* HIGHLIGHTING: Mark the text however you want with fully customizable colors and text options.
* COMMUNITY NOTES: Share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife groups.
* BIBLE WORD STUDY: Learn more about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* PASSAGE GUIDE: Get a detailed, verse-specific report including commentaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* SPLIT SCREEN: Follow threads of meaning through multiple books at the same time.
* SEARCH: Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
* SOCIAL: Share with your Faithlife groups and keep up with what’s going on.
- Improved the Faithlife TV image quality on the Home Page.
- Fixed certain links (such as passage guide and topic guide links) in newer Mobile Ed resources.
- Fixed a word lookup issue in certain resources (such as the BHS SESB 2.0) where the word gloss wasn't displayed in the device language. These will now render in the device language if possible.
- Fixed an issue where certain reading plans would open the reading in the preferred bible instead of the associated resource.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has changed my life!
This app is utterly amazing and has changed my life. I find myself interacting with the scriptures (and other amazing sources too!) like never before. Many of the other resources made available for free are worth their weight in gold too (Denzinger for instance). This app works particularly well with the Apple Pencil which allows you to select passages and highlight with ease. The app also includes comprehensive clipping features to save all your favorite passages (from any source) for easy reference later. There are also robust sharing features including a positively brilliant “visual copy” feature that converts your selected passage into a great graphic for sharing on social media. This app is so well done I am very seriously considering investing in one of their comprehensive resource suites.
Love this app
I bought Verbum to help during graduate studies, and it has been terrific. I can flip through different passages in the Bible that we are discussing, then jump to a paragraph from the documents of Vatican II, and still keep up with the professor and my notes.
I put the app on my phone and have found myself dipping into scripture throughout the day. I look at the daily readings, or go looking for a particular passage that relates to a conversation I’m having. It can do a lot more, and I have used it for more than just a Bible app, but for the most part that’s how I use it. It’s a lot easier to quickly find the information I want than any other Bible app I’ve ever used.
Highly recommend this app for anyone who already uses Verbum.
First I love this app, I have it on all my devices, iPhone, iPad, laptop and desktop. I’ve had it since it’s introduction. I’ve even signed up for the unlimited resources. Additionally I have “logos” on my devices. This new update of “Verbum” seems to have some kind of bug. When you open the app it goes to the intro screen and hangs, then crashes. Interestingly my “Logos” works fine. Hopefully the authors can remedy this glitch. The anomaly happens on all my iOS devices. I have uninstalled it three times and get the same problem after reinstalling the app. Before update a great five star until it’s fixed how can I rate it anything but a one star. Please fixed
Bug causing crash fixed back to 5 star ratings
Developer Response ,
We apologize this is happening. We are aware and will have an update available soon.
- Faithlife Corporation
- 175.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- 101 Questions and Answers $9.99
- Catena Aurea $24.99
- Saint Augustine: Confessions $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.