Verification C19 is the official app of the Italian government, developed by the Ministry of Health in collaboration with the Ministry for Technological Innovation and Digitization, the Ministry of Economy and Finance and the Extraordinary Commissioner for the COVID-19 Emergency, for enable operators to verify the validity and authenticity of COVID-19 Green Certificates issued by Italy National DGC Platform of the Ministry of Health and by the other Member States of the European Union.
The app is developed and released in full compliance with the protection of the user's personal data and current legislation, in particular the decree-law of 22 April 2021, n. 52, as well as the European technical specifications approved by the eHealth Network for the EU Digital COVID Certificate (formerly Digital Green Certificate).
The Verification C19 app allows the operators in charge to verify the validity of the COVID-19 green certifications and the "EU Digital COVID Certificates" by reading the certificate QR code. The app does not store or communicate the scanned information to third parties. The app performs the verification in offline mode, i.e. without invoking a remote system service when it is used. In order to verify the certificate authenticity the app must access the backend of the DGC national platfor at least once a day, connected to the European gateway (DGCG), where all the public keys used to sign the "EU Digital COVID Certificate” are collected.
The workflow of the VerificationC19 app is divided into the following phases:
- The person who must verify the certification asks the user to show the QR code of his certificate
- Using the app, the QR code is read and its authenticity is verified using the public key signing the certificate
- Once the information contained in the COVID-19 Green Certification or the "EU Digital COVID Certificate" has been decoded, the app shows the main information:
- Name, surname and date of birth of the certificate holder
- Unique identifier of the certificate
- Validity of the certificate
- The certificate is verified against the decoded date information and the Italian rules for COVID-19 green certifications.
- The person in charge proceeds to visually check the correspondence of the personal data of the holder shown by the VerificationC19 app and certificate holder ID card.
Ratings and Reviews
The other one stars
The reason why US people are giving one stars is because the Italian Embassy in US had been saying (and still states) that US vaccine cards are accepted in Italy and that codes like vSafe, Excelsior, etc. are good in Italy. I landed in Milan on Aug 30 and as of today, Sep 3, no one is validating any vaccine or pcr testing info I carry. It’s unfortunate that the one star looks bad for the app developer but it’s to prompt attention to misinformation spread by the useless Italian embassies and consulates in US (I am an Italian become US citizen and alway had troubles). On the other hand, Italians do not have any of these issues coming to US…
Not ready for us traveler
Can people from the US stop giving this app a one star. This is for Italian citizens to use and not intended for US citizens. The European Union is working on adding other countries. This app was created by Italy for Italian citizens only so unless you are an Italian citizen do not download this app as it will not work for you at the moment. Maybe in the future it will but as of August 6,2021 it doesn’t and it doesn’t look like it will for the foreseeable future.
Does not work with other EU Certificates
I have a French certificate this app says it is not valid. Other EU pass scanners all five the green pass screen, but as usual, italy is behind the curve and make things more difficult
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ministero della Salute
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Ministero della Salute 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.