Your Official Guide and Passport to Vermont’s Craft Breweries
Wherever you go in Vermont, you’ll find different styles, different tastes, and a common bond. And with every new taste, you’ll get to know the flavor of our state a little better. From the brewers who led the way, establishing our craft, to a new generation of tap rooms waiting to be discovered.
In Vermont, our search for the perfect pint is fueled by a passionate and inquisitive spirit. We explore further and dig deeper. This app is your official guide to Beer Worth Finding™ and offers these interactive features:
• Statewide brewery challenge passport program - earn prizes by visiting Vermont breweries
• Comprehensive brewery information including beers on tap, location and hours
• Beer trail planning with built-in maps
• Location-based assistance in finding nearby breweries
• Photobooth and social media integration
• Event information and links to ticket sales for Vermont Brewers Festival Burlington in July and Vermont Brewers Festival Killington in March
Follow us on social @VermontBrewers on Instagram and Twitter and @VermontBrewersAssociation and @VermontBrewersFestival on Facebook. #drinkvermontbeer #beerworthfinding www.vermontbrewers.com
We are actively reading your feedback and suggestions while regularly updating the app to provide the best experience possible! This update features:
A brand new reward system
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not working as advertised-Revised
Initially we were unable to make the app work correctly at all for passport stamps, so gave it 3 stars, but through trial and error on our own, we found that if we logged into the app only once we reached a brewery we could get the geo position system to log us at the right location to make the app respond. Then we had to be sure to log out and then only log in again when were reached the next brewery. Without this workaround, the passport subsystem just hangs (keeps showing filling glass) - probably because it has locked in a coordinate from some other location. Note that this approach is never going to work at locations where cell phone service is nonexistent (there are a few places in VT with this issue).
Bugs, Flaws, and Errors
Just spent a weekend tackling part of the tour. This app needs to be updated, as mentioned by doub1ejack’s review. At one of the biggest breweries, Long Trail, geo-location didn’t work. After three days, there has still been no response from the VBA regarding my submitted selfie (for proof-of-visit) or my notifications of out-of-date brewery listings. Last app update was 3 months ago! Come on, VBA- get on this and keep your data current! On the plus side, WHEN the app worked for electronic passport stamps, it was a simple enough process.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. Things such as brewery listings and manual stamp approvals are managed by the association and do not require app updates. I have passed this along to the appropriate department for review, however, I wanted to make sure that you did receive your stamp for Long Trail. Please reach out if you have not - we'd be happy to help!
A multitude of awkward features
The app works ok for a passport, with two qualifiers:
1) the app often isn't able to activate the GPS needed to stamp a location ("you had one job!"). The workaround is to switch to Google maps, wait until it displays your current location, then open this app and try again.
2) the app intro/walkthrough actually confuses the process for simply stamping the passport. Finish the intro, close the app, reopen it, and then it's pretty intuitive.
The other features either don't work well (good luck making a brew tour if it extends beyond the predefined areas), or just do a poor job of duplicating the On Tap app (the "Beers" list in this app is often out of date).
This lame app is probably an example of design-by-committee, paired with a lack of user testing. If they drop 75% of the features and improve the remaining ones, it could be a great experience though. The core passport idea is really compelling.
- Brewers Marketing, LLC
- 74.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Vermont Brewers Association
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.