The Vermont Public Radio App:
The Vermont Public Radio app allows you to listen to VPR, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for VPR all at once! You can explore and listen to on demand content whenever you want, share stories with your friends and wake up to VPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from VPR even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing.
• Integrated program schedules for VPR streams!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to VPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access the VPR's past programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• The VPR app displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to on demand so you can explore for more information.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Easy access to school closings, weather and other favorite features.
• Vastly improved in-app reading experience.
The VPR app is brought to you by the people at Vermont Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, on whatever device you have!
Please support VPR by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Use it every day
Works for me. I listen every day at least once. They’ve ironed out a couple of issues getting back to the live stream after listening to a story on demand. It used to keep playing on the phone after I turned off the BT speaker. Minor issue.
App is almost unusable, stops too often
Unfortunately, this app is not ready for prime time. At first I thought it only stopped playing when transitioning from wifi to cellular. Then I realized it stopped sometimes every few seconds on cellular too. Could not put the phone in my pocket I had to restart it so often. I will give it another release before I delete it but it is now on my about to delete list. The app should be designed to work in Vermont where cellular and WiFi signals vary greatly in strength and availability.
Listened to VPR for decades, I love having this app available do that I can listen wherever I am. Of course being Vermont there are places with no cell coverage! I like the option to get news or listen to the current shows.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.