VerseWise Bible® (Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition) is the Catholic Bible (with deuterocanon and notes) at your fingertips. It is optimized for easy, convenient reading.
The RSV is, as its preface states, "an authorized revision of the American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the King James Version, published in 1611." Its goal was to:
- Maintain the beauty of the King James
- Update the text to more modern English usage
- Take advantage of modern scholarship and the increased number of Bible manuscripts available
The Catholic Edition, also commonly known as the "Ignatius Bible", was "prepared for the use of Catholics by a committee of the Catholic Biblical Association of Great Britain" and "published with ecclesiastical approval". It includes the deuterocanon (seven full books with additions to two others), and explanatory notes.
- Share selected verses via Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Quick navigation to any scripture
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- Returns exactly to last location and page position when app is revisited
- Automatically bookmarks your last location in each book and has a view history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Low light mode
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details.
- Fixed Search Results "index" (the abbreviated book names on right side of screen)
- Added search bar to Tags screen
- Made it easier to add Tag to a Bookmark
- Fixed search bars in low-light mode
- Made highlighted verse numbers a little more readable in low-light mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Copy to Clipboard
The description says we can copy verses to clipboard but I'm not able to. How do I go about doing that?
A good thing to add would be a "Notes" section, where we can add copied and/or highlighted verses and type in notes about them. If this app had all the features of my NABre Bible App by Just1Word, Inc but kept the beautiful layout of this app, it'd be perfect.
Also, I wish this developer would come out with either a New American Bible (NAB) or New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABre) app. They make the most beautiful bible apps and an NAB and/or NABre bible app(s) would be so awesome.
Verse Wise, Easiest to Access, Navigate, Love RSV Versiom
I have been given many bibles, including RSV.
But, I find myself wanting to read the Bible and one is not available. So, an electronic version appeals to me.
I have researched many electronic versions of the Bible. Some were difficult to find the books of the Bible, others crowded me with their theological bent, some only had one translation.
Verse Wise is easy to find the book/verse I want, the translation I want, and is convenient: I have always wanted to read Psalms but was put off because there was so many of them. But, with Verse Wise on my iPhone, I could read a few on my subway ride. When I reopened it on the next ride, Verse Ride remembered where in the Psalms I last read . So, I could continue my reading the next day or next week.
After years of using, I found that one could access reading plans or get version with Early Church Fathers writings!
I highly recommend Verse Wise. When searching for it type “verse” instead of “Bible” and Verse Wise will appear in App Store or on your installed on your iPhone or other electronic device.
I’ve been using this app for years and loved it. Before this latest update, 5 stars easy! It was easy and fast. What changed? Something small, but important. I used to use it as a concordance. Input a word and every verse using that word pops up. There also USED TO BE a list of books off to the right. That way, if you knew what book you were looking for you could jump right to it. Now you have to scroll through sometimes hundreds of verses. What happened? I’ll be looking for my new favorite Bible app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.