VerseWise Bible® (Revised Standard Version) is the Bible (with optional deuterocanon) at your fingertips. It is optimized for easy, convenient reading.
The RSV is, as its preface states, "an authorized revision of the American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the King James Version, published in 1611." Its goal was to:
- Maintain the beauty of the King James
- Update the text to more modern English usage
- Take advantage of modern scholarship and the increased number of Bible manuscripts available
This release includes the option of having the deuterocanon (also known as the apocrypha) off or on. When off, one sees the Protestant canon of 66 books. When on, one also sees additional books and text from the Septuagint, the Greek Bible most commonly used during the time of Christ and Apostles, and the text most often used when the Old Testament is quoted in the New Testament epistles. This text should be of interest to all Christians, but especially Eastern Orthodox readers who regard the Septuagint as the biblical canon.
- Share selected verses via Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Quick navigation to any scripture
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- Returns exactly to last location and page position when app is revisited
- Automatically bookmarks your last location in each book and has a view history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Low light mode
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details.
- Fixed so we now return to correct place in chapter when returning to app or selecting item in history
Ratings and Reviews
RSV is my favorite version, and this app makes it easy to move around the Bible. I especially appreciate being able to select the option for the deuterocanonical books.
Excellent Eastern Orthodox Resourse
Any member of the Eastern Orthodox Church reading this, this is an excellent translation, full Septuagint OT which is a similar translation as the one used in the Eastern Orthodox Study Bible. The ability to highlight text and view history of verses as well as key word/phrase search makes this great for study. By far the best bible translation for The Orthodox in the app store as of august 2010!
Love it. It's my go-to Bible. The new update now has added the full RSV Apocrypha.
However, there's a bug in the apps. When you search for something of starts to flicker at the top and when you click on a search item it takes you to it, highlights the verse for a second but then the highlight goes away.
Please fix these issues in another update.
PS. Would love to see a similar app done for the NRSV as well since that is what the Universities use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.