VertoJS scripting support is now here! Verto Studio 2.5 is now more powerful than ever!
Verto Studio 3D is the most powerful mobile 3D modeling application. A fully-functional 3D modeling and graphics studio designed to rival desktop studio programs, verto strives to push the boundaries of what is capable on an iOS device and from the users that use it.
The software is designed for all ranges of users, from professional 3D modelers, game developers, to beginners looking to get their feet wet in 3D content generation. Use it to build quick 3D mockups or fully functional environments for mobile applications. Verto Studio is an ideal solution for mobile 3D content generation because it bridges the gap between design and mobile testing. It supports importing, exporting, viewing and editing 3D models of any size. Use the built-in shaders or the GLSL shader editor to create your own shader effects with absolute precision.
With use of the "auto tool", the user can intuitively gesture using taps, swipes, pinches and twirls to quickly alter the scene as they see fit.
Verto Studio 2.0 has a completely overhauled graphics engine and shader system rewritten from the ground up!
Verto Studio includes the following features:
- Built-in shaders including reflection/refraction environment mapping, BRDF, bump-mapping and more!
- Built-in glsl shader-editor.
- Render pipeline editor for multipass & post-processing effects with built-in blending operators
- Editing transform handles for translate/rotate/scale tools
- Instances (duplicate many, edit once)
- File import/export (DAE, OBJ, STL, .X, 3DS) and more!
- Verto Studio file format support and exchange via email
- Dropbox import of Verto Studio and OBJ files
- Mesh generation using quads and triangular faces
- Image rendering support
-- 3D Text complete with font selection and built-extrusion.
-- 3D shapes with built-in shape editor and SVG importer.
-- Terrain generator (height field)
-- 3D Sketch tool
-- Skybox type
-- Cubemap renderer type to live-generate environment maps.
- 64-bit support
- Mesh Augmentation
-- Polygon extrusion
-- Polygon subdivision
-- Copy and paste between scene documents
-- Texture coordinate editor
- Editing features
-- Vertex Translation/Rotation/Scaling
-- Material editor
--- Semi-transparency support.
-- Texture mapping
-- Texture coordinate editing
-- Laplacian smooth
-- Mesh separation
-- Polycount Reduction
-- CSG (Union, Intersect, Subtract)
-- Snap to Grid, Face, Edge, Vertex
-- Camera to texture (ipad 2)
-- Lighting editor
- Multiple camera modes (top, bottom, left, right, front, back, free)
- Simultaneous camera view with 4-view split screen.
- Orthographic projection mode for engineering and CAD applications
- Advanced camera controls for FOV angle and near and far plane manipulation
- "Fly through" mode. Fly through the scene in full screen using FPS-game-style controls.
-- Gyro motion view. In "fly through mode", tap the gyro button to use your iPad as a virtual window into the scene, changing the vantage point as you hold the iPad a different angles.
- Fully supports the retina display of the new iPad for maximized screen real-estate usage.
- New built-in cubemaps (preset environment maps)
Verto Studio 2.5 Brings VertoJS scripting support for programmable features running inside Verto Studio!
- This debut release adds Scene, Camera, Model, Light, Material, Texture, Selection, Animation, VertoStudio classes to VertoJS
Other changes below
- New Verto Studio settings UI under the dots menu for managing auto-saving, grid size, grid visibility & undo behavior.
- New context menu under Library button to enable discarding changes to scene.
- Full toolbar UI on iPhone 11/Pro Max and equivalent screen sizes.
- Lots of bug fixes for larger iPad screens & iOS 14
- Fix bugs related to Verto Studio Cloud
Ratings and Reviews
More than I expected, but still missing some helpful features
It’s a great 3D modeling software. GLSL shading is flexible and fairly easy to use. However, the UI needs some work, and shader editing and pipeline editing isn’t very intuitive and takes a while to get the hang of. The biggest thing lacking is real time shadows. It would be great to add non-destructive modifiers and make lights still visible when set to Directional mode.
Grouping objects is also missing, meaning I have to re-select all the objects I want to move and move them; sometimes missing a couple, and sometimes selecting objects I didn’t intend to.
Amazing that this is possible on the iPad
I'm thrilled that I can build and texture 3D models using hand gestures on the iPad! The touch screen is the ultimate way to work in 3D, as you can quickly spin the model around make quick edits on the fly. I'm loving the simple and intuitive interface. Of course, this is by no means a full-featured 3D application, but for what it can do, its excellent. This app makes for a great introduction to working with polygons, which is the foundation of all 3D modeling programs. I've been working with the app for about four hours now, and really enjoying the ability to build quick models and then applying textures that I hand-paint in a separate app (I use ArtStudio, which works great). This version of Verto is prone to occasional crashing, so I recommend saving often by evoking an autosave by clicking the "library" button and then reloading the file. Thanks so much to the developers of this app!!! This is going to be a major creativity booster for me. One feature request: I'd love to have boolean operations to punch holes in the mesh. Overall, I'm very pleased! Thanks again for creating this app.
I found everything I needed to complete my project with this app. Great features meet excellent ease of use. Exporting a transparent render was the cherry on the top.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Verto Studio LLC
- 88.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Verto Studio LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.