This is the FREE version of the most popular vessel tracking app, providing real-time data on the positions and movements of vessels, utilising a large network of terrestrial AIS receivers. VesselFinder Free aims to reveal the comprehensive picture of the global AIS coverage.
VesselFinder Free features include:
- Real time positions of over 100,000 ships every day
- Ship details - name, flag, type, IMO, MMSI, destination, ETA, draught, course, speed, gross tonnage, year of built, size, photo and more
- Ship search by Name, IMO number or MMSI number
- Ship movement history - follow the track of each vessel for the past 24 hours
- Simple and Detailed map type
- Map filter - filter vessels on map by type
If you want more features, buy VesselFinder Pro and get:
- Ad free
- Add your favourite vessels to "My Fleet," which is synchronized with "My Fleet" on www.VesselFinder.com
- Detailed ship movement history
Coverage - near-shore coverage, same as the web-based application VesselFinder.com
If you experience any problem with this application, please fill this form to contact us https://www.vesselfinder.com/contact instead of writing a review here. We will do our best to solve it. Thanks!
Visibility of vessels in this application depends on AIS signal availability. If a particular vessel is out of our AIS coverage zone, VesselFinder displays her last reported position and updates it as soon as the vessel comes into range. Completeness and accuracy of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
Connect with VesselFinder
- on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vesselfinder
- on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/vesselfinder
- in our forum: http://forum.vesselfinder.com/forum/6-vesselfinder/
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Graphics are lower quality than others and it takes more time to load than some, but it does report more vessels with AIS on than some free apps. The adds are smaller than some too.
With safety my first concern, I prefer to have many other boats identified.
I was recently in Savannah & LOVED watching the gigantic container ships/cargo ships/tankers going by River St. & I kept asking everyone I’d meet there asking them how do you know when they’re going to pass by & a worker at the visitor center finally told me about this app & I downloaded it right away & haven’t missed a vessel yet!! It is the answer! It is perfect. You can zoom out to Tybee & beyond to see specifically what is coming & going. You won’t be disappointed. And it’s free. Thank you so much, VesselFinder Lite!
More accurate than other apps and now works well on iOS. Even better than MarineTraffic.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.