VesselView Mobile provides Mercury Marine SmartCraft® engine owners with the ability to view live engine data, monitor fuel usage, obtain detailed descriptions when a fault occurs and receive maintenance alerts when due. The full functionality of the app is available when used in conjunction with the Bluetooth Low Energy VesselView Mobile module. This app collects and shares your precise geolocation. When the app is open and connected to your vessel it requires a continuous connection and therefore may impact the battery life of your device. Without the module, users still have access to a speedometer tool, a map with POIs, the ability to capture moments with the location tagged, plus other useful features. Mercury Marine’s VesselView Mobile app also provides users with a Web-based account.
• View live SmartCraft® engine data : RPM, Battery Voltage, Engine Temperature, Engine Hours, Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temperature, Sea Temperature and more!
• Speed is determined from your device
• Your Top Speed is captured so you can share with friends
• Holeshot. A racing game that uses your device's GPS to see how soon you can get to 20mph or 30mph
• Enter fuel on-board and the app tracks fuel usage
• Average speed and fuel economy is calculated and used to estimate Distance to Empty and Time to Empty
• Receive active fault alerts and corresponding descriptive fault information
• Enter Maintenance records and get appropriate reminders in the future
• See your location on a map with nearby Points of Interest
• Capture Moments such as pictures or fish caught with a location tag
• Use the timeline to review Moments or Maintenance
• Weather and wind conditions updated periodically
• Communicate wirelessly to your SmartCraft® engine through a Bluetooth Low Energy connection
• Allows for normal phone operation – call, text, streaming music, search the web, etc. while connected to your Mercury Marine SmartCraft® engine
************ IMPORTANT INFORMATION *************************
• Mercury Marine’s VesselView Mobile app is free to install. The VesselView Mobile module can be purchased through Mercury Marine dealers or through a link inside the app.
• The VesselView Mobile module works with SmartCraft® capable engines built since 2003 (40HP and up). One to four engines can be viewed simultaneously.
• The VesselView Mobile module simply connects to a SmartCraft® connector located either at the helm or on the engine.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great engine module, app needs some work
As others have said it’s a must have for the app to switch between portrait and landscape mode. Adding digital trim support would also be welcomed. Also why must you manually connect, all other Bluetooth devices connect as soon as they are detected/in range? If these could be implemented this would easily be a 5 star app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. We have made landscape orientation and split-screen available with the latest release (Version 1.9.0). An auto-connect feature has also been added in a recent release. Please give it a try.
Add in more features Smart Craft has. Especially wake/surf/toe related
Would like to see a complete set of features available in Vessel View for the App. Cruise control would actually work on this. Especially tow features. Accelerate curves, top speed limits (especially in tenths mph for surfing), Cruise. Hey, why not full auto pilot? And troll control. With larger iPhone, or a iPad these would work great and made to be safe.
In the future, Remote Boat control! Launch control Drive it right off the trailer, park. And vice verse. For a single person launching (or recovering) boat this would be valuable (especially with other people who can tie or hold a boat, but not drive either boat or tow vehicle. In the meantime, please add all the other Smart Craft and Vessel View features.
Still some stuff I would like to see, but ver 1.9 is great!
I would still like to see any data parameter selectable for the main screen. Some of the parameters such as mpg are a couple of layers deep.
Now to some compliments. Version 1.9 was a big update. To heck with using this on my iPhone, this is now really cool on an iPad. I use an iPad mini.
You can use the built in iOS map app on one side and Vessel View on the other using split screen. Both apps have to support split screen for this to work. Other apps such as Navionics Boating do not support split screen, but you can use iOS slide over to put show Vessel View on about a third of the screen over such an app as Boating. You can do a search to find out the difference between slide over and split screen and how to use them.
If you try this on an iPad, consider the following: The cellular iPads have GPS already built in and are ideal. However, you can get a Bluetooth GPS such as the Garmin GLO or Bad Elf to give a non-cellular iPad GPS capability.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. We have made landscape orientation and split-screen available with the latest release (Version 1.9.0). Please give it a try.
- Mercury Marine
- 148.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Mercury Marine. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.