Veterinary Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 44,000 veterinary terms, over 25,000 audio pronunciations, and hundreds of images from Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary, the source trusted by veterinarians and animal care experts.
Whether you're a veterinarian, a pet caretaker, or just love animals, this free veterinary dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of veterinary terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search entries on:
Large and small animals
Tests and procedures
X-rays of specific injuries
+ much more…
* Search 44,000+ veterinary terms and definitions from the source trusted by veterinarians.
* Browse thousands of veterinary abbreviations and acronyms.
* Consult hundreds of images, including photos, illustrations, and X-rays of specific injuries.
* Save unlimited bookmarks and quickly view the terms you need to access fast.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Listen to 25,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers.
* Adjust font size.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Veterinary Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free animal care app for veterinarians, animal caretakers, and pet owners. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* Fixed bugs, including crash issue when starting without Internet connection.
Ratings and Reviews
I am only 10 years old and when I grow up I want to be a veterinarian. I love this app because it gives you detail about the stuff you want to know I also love this app because it explains the definition of what you want to know very easily so I can understand I highly recommend this app especially if you want to educate yourself on animals and more things like that. I give this a 5 star review, but if you are looking to learn new words with pictures and more in depth definition then I don’t recommend this app for you. Thankyou🤗🤩👌🏻
Why you SOULD Download this app
I love this app I want to be a Veterinarian when I grow up and it is a major help to me I grow up in a wealthy family and I have a lot of pets
This app helps my find out the Symptoms of my pets and much more I’m very happy to have this app and it’s for free I encourage and recommend very student or person who wants to be a Veterinarian SOULD go with this app it’s a very detailed app and helps for you and your future Career
Great learning resource
I am a Ross University Veterinary Student. I use this app on almost all classes. I have found every term that I needed to learn in this app including medications. I would recommend it to anyone in the veterinary field. Thumbs up!
- Farlex, Inc.
- 63.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Farlex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.