Study smarter with the perfect balance of questions, content, and tools. It's your secret weapon for passing the VTNE®!
NOTE: This app is a companion to our online course. You can download and make use of this app if you have already signed up for VetTechPrep.
- - - - - - -
• Detailed answer explanations are given for every question to help you comprehensively understand not only which answer is correct but why other choices are incorrect
• In-depth statistics are provided to track your progress
• Format simulates actual VTNE®
• PowerPages help you review key components of exam-relevant topics
• Content is written by specialists and educators in the field and fresh material is added regularly
• Content is peer-reviewed and sent through a rigorous copy editing process to ensure accuracy
• Answer choices are randomized to help avoid memorization
• Timed exam structure helps you build endurance through an experience that closely mimics the actual VTNE®
• Visually review case photos, medical conditions, instruments, and more in a flash with PowerPix™
• Study with confidence with the VetTechPrep Guarantee
• BRAND NEW STATISTICS: Completely redesigned, your statistics page is now packed with detailed information, helping you far more efficiently and effectively allocate your study time. Stay laser focused by drilling down into your performance in all domains and subdomains. Slice up your data by windows of time, review questions in domain/subdomain combos with the click of a button, see how you're trending in specific areas, and much more.
• BRAND NEW STUDY ASSIGNMENTS (web-only): Set your exam date and VetTechPrep will automatically assign questions each week based on your progress and how far out from the exam you are. It's super simple to set up and runs in the background to always keep you on track.
• And a handful of bug fixes and updates
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but FYI the subscription is cheaper through their website
45 day subscription when I downloaded this app was $199 if you sign up on the app but only $139 if you sign up through the website - I signed up through the website and then logged into the app to use it. It seemed shady to charge $60 more for no reason and the only way I found that out was the app was glitchy when I went to buy a subscription on it, so I went to the website to complete my registration.
Other than that, it is a good study tool that I have seen recommended over and over among techs who have passed the VTNE. The “powerpages” are decent summaries of the main study topics, but they could really use better visuals especially for things like hematology. But, this is meant to be a practice test format study tool, not a textbook. I used quite a few other resources to study but this was my main app for practice questions. For reference, I am OTJ trained (I live in a state that allows that still) and passed my VTNE on my first try with a decently high score. I used this app for the 45 day subscription before taking my test and completed 80% of the questions.
So, don’t get this app expecting it to be your only study tool, but overall it is a great resource and I do think it helped me pass the VTNE.
I studied this app until 2am for over a month. Only 1 question on the test reflected this app. The rest was real world knowledge. I loved the app and enjoyed it, answering every question and every exam. But it DID NOT help me with the real thing. I feel much smarter for downloading it, and loved it, but when the test came, didn’t matter at all.
Passed my VTNE!
My school offered this app as part of our tuition for after we graduated. I went through 100% of the questions and reviewed part my Pile Of Done before taking my exam. Although the questions on my exam were not “word for word” from the app, a lot of the concepts were similar. After each question on the app, I would read through the explanations, which really helped me remember a lot of concepts. Practicing the questions really helped me to review what I learned in school and helped me get a better grasp on subjects that I wasn’t as comfortable with (such as diagnostic imaging.) It’s nice how the app shows you the areas where you’re strong and the areas where you need improvement so you know how to prioritize your studying. I used this app as my main study tool, and I’m glad I did! I passed my exam with flying colors on my first try this week. :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- XPrep Learning Solutions, Inc
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022 XPrep Learning Solutions, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 45-day Subscription $199.99