Pure instant messaging — simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. One of the world's top 10 most downloaded apps with over 500 million active users.
FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe.
SYNCED: You can access your messages from all your phones, tablets and computers at once. Telegram apps are standalone, so you don’t need to keep your phone connected. Start typing on one device and finish the message from another. Never lose your data again.
UNLIMITED: You can send media and files, without any limits on their type and size. Your entire chat history will require no disk space on your device, and will be securely stored in the Telegram cloud for as long as you need it.
SECURE: We made it our mission to provide the best security combined with ease of use. Everything on Telegram, including chats, groups, media, etc. is encrypted using a combination of 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange.
100% FREE & OPEN: Telegram has a fully documented and free API for developers, open source apps and verifiable builds to prove the app you download is built from the exact same source code that is published.
POWERFUL: You can create group chats with up to 200,000 members, share large videos, documents of any type (.DOCX, .MP3, .ZIP, etc.) up to 2 GB each, and even set up bots for specific tasks. Telegram is the perfect tool for hosting online communities and coordinating teamwork.
RELIABLE: Built to deliver your messages using as little data as possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.
FUN: Telegram has powerful photo and video editing tools, animated stickers and emoji, fully customizable themes to change the appearance of your app, and an open sticker/GIF platform to cater to all your expressive needs.
SIMPLE: While providing an unprecedented array of features, we take great care to keep the interface clean. Telegram is so simple you already know how to use it.
PRIVATE: We take your privacy seriously and will never give any third parties access to your data. You can delete any message you ever sent or received for both sides, at any time and without a trace. Telegram will never use your data to show you ads.
For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. Secret Chat messages can be programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices. This way you can send all types of disappearing content — messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use End-to-End Encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient.
We keep expanding the boundaries of what you can do with a messaging app. Don’t wait years for older messengers to catch up with Telegram — join the revolution today.
HIDDEN MEDIA, ZERO STORAGE USAGE, NEW DRAWING TOOLS, PROFILE PICTURES FOR YOUR CONTACTS, AND PUPPIES
We found someone's letter to Santa and implemented everything on the list:
• Media with spoiler effects. You can wrap photos and videos you send in a fuzzy cover by selecting media in the attachment menu and tapping (⋯) > Hide With Spoiler.
Zero Storage Usage
• Auto-remove cached media. You can choose how long cached media is kept in Private Chats, Groups, and Channels – and add exceptions for specific chats.
• Removing media by type. Separate tabs with Media, Files, and Music from all chats let you quickly clear the largest files.
• Pie charts. The new design helps you see what's taking up space.
• Dwarves with calculators. Cache size is now calculated a lot faster.
• Reminder: All cached media you remove remains accessible in the cloud and can be re-downloaded if needed.
New Drawing and Text Tools
• Fully redesigned media editor. You can quickly switch between brushes and use the new blur tool.
• Line smoothing. Drawing tools dynamically change width based on drawing speed and automatically smooth your lines.
• New text tools. You can change the size, font, and background of any text you add to photos and videos. The text tool now also supports animated emoji.
• New color selection. You can choose colors using 5 new tools – including the Eyedropper.
• New gestures. Hold to fill the canvas with color – or to erase everything.
• Preset shapes. You can quickly add shapes like circles, arrows, stars, and chat bubbles.
Profile Pictures for Your Contacts
• Setting pictures for your contacts. You can choose your own picture for a contact – only you will see it on their profile.
• Suggested profile pictures. When editing your contacts, you can suggest a photo for their profile. It will take them just two taps to add the picture you suggested.
• Public profile pictures. If you only allow certain users to see your profile photos, you can set a public picture for everyone else.
• Ultimate profile picture privacy. You can set 'Who can see my profile photos' to 'Nobody' and add some users or groups as exceptions.
Hiding Members in Large Groups
• Member list privacy. Owners of large groups can hide the list of members.
The letter also mentioned taking over the world and a puppy, but we hope the real Santa will be able to handle that – now that we've done the rest.
Ratings and Reviews
Secure, Easy to Use
OVERALL If you’re tired of companies like facebook reading your messages, yes they really do, it’s time to up your game. Telegram and Signal are both great apps, Telegram being a bit easier, and polished. Telegram chats use two modes. In standard mode messages are encrypted and stored on their servers. In “padlock” mode messages are encrypted and stored on your device. Both are secure, however in “padlock” mode if you, for instance, buy a tablet and install Telegram it won’t show your messages from other devices. Remember, enable touch ID on your phone/iPad/macOS device and Telegram, otherwise anyone could physically access the device and read your conversations. SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT FOR DEVS It could use one improvement, when you share via iOS it needs to have both the standard AND a “padlock” icon for secure chat. Otherwise you’ll end up with two different chats with each friend. Until then you need to select share, Telegram, and manually pick the right chat.
Also, make the “read” checkmark color customizable or bold. Or better use an “o” for unread and a check for read.
it’s my favorite app and i recommend it to everyone; one complaint tho…
✩ edit: the gift subscription button is not working for me! i hope it’s fixed soon!! edit 2: i force closed the app and now it’s working! ✩ YEEHAW!!!! THEY ADDED GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS!!! I AM SO PSYCHED!!! i’ve been dying to gift my cousin a premium subscription and now i can!!! THANK YOU TELEGRAM!! I LOVE YOU!!! i sent a support request but i’m also putting it here because i’m really hoping the dev team will see it: i want to be a premium user (and i am) in order to support the development of this app because it is my all-time favorite app, but i do not like that the star next to my name announces it to all the world to see. i would love an option to be an incognito supporter. thanks. that is my only complaint about telegram. prior to this, my only complaint was the lack of custom notification sounds but they JUST recently implemented that. i love literally everything about this app. i jumped to support them because they deserve it. maybe the star will help inspire others to support them too, but i am a quiet, reserved, introverted person and to me, it just feels pretentious. so i do hope they will let us decide whether or not it displays. regardless, you guys have made a stellar app and i am a die-hard fan. ♡
In desperate need of Group Video Chat
Hey, I’ve been using Telegram for over 10+ years and I haven’t had any problems with this application whatsoever everything works great but, there is one issue that I have with this application and that is the inability to create a group video chat that is why I can only give telegram 3 stars. I honestly believe that is a crucial disadvantage to this application I say that because, I have family and friends that live all over the world whether it be in different states or different countries and we all have telegram on our phones. That being said we would like to I’ll be able to talk in a video group chat with each other which we are unable to because this application doesn’t provide that option. So therefore since telegram doesn’t provide a video group chat option we have to download another application to be able to do that Task. Which in my opinion is extremely ridiculous because you should be able to perform the test on this app as well. Instead of making people waste valuable space on their phones by download in other apps to perform the test where y’all can provide that ability on your app so we don’t have to download other apps to perform that and we could save space on our Devices.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Telegram FZ-LLC
- 140.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Telegram FZ-LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Telegram Premium $4.99
- Telegram Premium (3 Months) $14.99
- Telegram Premium (1 Year) $44.99
- Telegram Premium (6 Months) $24.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.