"Vibroscope" is a powerful measurement tool for analyzing vibration by using iPhone's acceleration sensor in realtime. It allows you to monitor by visualizing the very low-frequency vibration such as inaudible by ear.
It can be intuitively detected an acceleration amount, that displays the two-axial coordinates in the horizontal direction and the time-axis waveform in the vertical direction.
It is also equipped with the ability to analyze the frequency components of the very low frequency vibration by FFT analyzer.
It can be measured by determining the horizontal or vertical direction to suit the attitude of the iPhone, so as to be available in a placement of the floor and desk or Handheld.
Also, the "GAL" unit of earthquake acceleration can be converted by multiplying 100 in this app's measurement display value.
The measurement data will be also saved as a log file, so you can use it as Data Logger by acquiring a file from "iTunes File Sharing".
- In cases such as car traffic, to analyze the vibration and frequency components on the floor and walls.
- To measure the howling level such as audio equipment.
- To detect the vibration and acceleration of train or automobile.
- To check your sense of body balance by sensing of the horizontal direction of the body swinging.
- Measurement of vibrations (main) : acceleration values (m/s/s)
- Real-time display : the horizontal direction - the two-axial vector plane graph, the vertical direction - the time-axis waveform.
- Logarithmic scale graph display (log)
- 3-axis composite acceleration display (comp.)
- Peak level value display. (peak)
- FFT analyzer for vertical direction, with vertical vibration sensation correction, peak frequency (freq.)
- Switching of sensor sampling period : Slow, Fast. (slow/fast)
- Measurement timer function : 30 sec to 1 hour.
- Start delay timer function : 0 - 20 sec.
- Reference level setting in FFT mode : 1e-6m/s/s, or 1e-5m/s/s.
- Snapshot of the measurement screen (snap) : Capture the measurement results and Time-stamp to "Photos".
- Data Logger : X-axis, Y-axis, Z-axis, saved in a text file (UTF8) . It saves the measurement data, Time-stamp to LOG file. It can be exported by using "iTunes File Sharing".
At the time of the first access to Photos after installing the app, you will be asked authorization to access them by the iOS system. If you have not enabled this setting, the app can not access them by privacy restrictions of the iOS system. Please enable the access permission on the iOS setting, "Settings > Privacy > Photos".
This app does not support to the background operation, so it needs to set on "Never" in the iOS setting, "Settings > General > Auto-Lock" for a long time operation.
In general, there is variation and accuracy error by individual terminals and sensor devices of the iPhone, so this app does not recommend the use in the formal measurement. There is also a possibility that the accuracy error is accumulated if the vibration is too large, it may not be appropriate measurement display.
During in car driving or operating machinery, please do not use this app for safety.
The logarithmic scale graph is displayed very small numerical value, so it may be influenced by noise and temperature error in your environment or time fluctuation of sensor calibration.
- Stability and minor improvements.
- Added the logarithmic scale graph display function.
- Requires iOS12.2 or later.