VibSensor is a vibration meter geared to science and engineering applications where quantitative accelerometer and vibration data are needed. It turns your mobile device into a vibrometer or seismometer, with easy collection, data storage, and email of data. VibSensor gives the user five tools:
Live Display: See tilt and vibration data in real time.
Acquisition: Timed or vibration activated acquisition, with settable delay, duration, and trigger level. Collect raw accelerometer data for up to 10 minutes at max rate allowed by device. Also analyze low frequency vibrations with periods up to five minutes.
Data Storage: Acquired collections are stored on the device, with date and time stamp for later retrieval. Collections can be named for easy identification.
Analysis: Each collection can be viewed to see the raw accelerometer data, processed tilt and vibration, and calculated power spectral densities, both in graphical and report format. Units can be selected to be either g or m^2/sec.
Email Access: Users can email raw or processed data in text (csv or tab-delimited) or MATLAB format.
With VibSensor, you can explore the world of vibrations. Capture vibrational resonances and magnitudes, or even use it like a seismograph to capture an earthquake!
- Vibration activated recording: like a true seismometer or seismograph, collections are triggered on vibration events. Select the trigger level, collection duration, and number of repeat collections. Your phone goes into an armed state and waits for an event to start.
- New unified power spectrum display with log-linear display on both axes.
- Collection settings saved between app restarts.
- Enhanced export of report info in email attachment.
- Robustness and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Surprisingly sensitive, especially with low frequencies.
This is an amazing and useful app for measuring vibrations. My only negative comment is on the units of tilt. The units are shown as meters per second squared. They should be based on angle rather than meters. (E.g. degrees per second squared).
I have been working with various accelerometer apps for a few years and this one has all of the extras that I have been looking for: high and low range, dominant frequency identification, a simple and robust report, and data export. Very well done!
Best app ever
Hey developer. You got skills. Keep it up. So easy to use for my kids science project about f=m*a. Love it. I upgraded and did so gladly. Wasn’t nagged for a review. Gave one because I love it.
- Now Instruments and Software, Inc.
- 46.3 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2016 Now Instruments and Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- email activation $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.