Video Compress can help you compress your videos easily.Just add your video to the app, specify the target size, and save the product.
- Easy to use UI
- Compress videos easily
- Export MPEG-4 and QuickTime
- Fast Sharing
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does the job well — with annoyances
I regularly need to shrink a video to a target size, and this app does the job well. Pick a target size of the video, and this app will quickly produce one close to that size. That said, the app has several annoyances that keep me from giving it five stars. I wrote the developer asking how to pay to fix these annoyances. The developer did not even respond to me, which is unprofessional.
1. There is no way to remove ads. Ads run well past the point where the X appears on the screen and I must watch every single ad in its entirety. If I am compressing video with people nearby (such as in the office), I must remember to turn down the volume on the iPad before the ad and then turn it back up after the ad. Sometimes there is no way to click out of an ad after it completes, forcing me to exit the app and start over. Let me pay to get rid of the ads.
2. The app forces running in portrait mode. I use an iPad Pro with a keyboard. At this point, I have become somewhat accustomed to reading text sideways and watching ads sideways. Let the app operate in landscape mode.
3. While somewhat minor, the app will not force a download of the video before attempting to compress it. If I shoot a video on the iPhone, then try to compress it on the iPad, I must remember to force a download of the video to the iPad before I try to compress it.
4. Developer will not respond to email. This is just uncool.
I like the app' but ...
I HATE APPS WITH iADS!!!
26 June 2017
This is a very quick video compressor with a decent UI that makes it easy to use. The developer also has companion apps that are equally as good. That said, I never rate an app over 4 stars if it contains iAds and does not provide an in app purchase to eliminate ads on an app. I would bump this to 5 stars if I could dump commercials and eliminate the stupid pop up game ads!
1. Decent UI
2. Quick conversions
3. Control over compression amount
1. Freaking non-opt out iAds!
2. When selecting a video, it would be nice to see the video's type and uncompressed size on the tiles of the videos to aid choosing videos an to avoid those that are already compressed.
3. Bundle all 4 apps Video Compressor, Video Crop, Video Effects, Video Cut as a package of apps without iAd or better yet, one app with all four functions.
Recommend? Yes, as long as you do not mind the aggravating iAds.
It's real and it works
This compressor is : simple , fast, shows you the original video size in megabytes (come on apple why is showing file size not part of your native intelligence I mean REALLY??), shows you the target file size along with the percentage it will compress it to, and it actually works... oh and I don't know what people are talking about that it has intrusive advertisements. WHAT? It's like one screenshot of an ad that takes .2 seconds to X out of. It's the price you pay for a great user interface that does all the things I just mentioned for FREE. I rarely write reviews but this app deserves it. Thank you
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.