Video Compress can help you compress your videos easily.Just add your video to the app, specify the target size, and save the product.
- Easy to use UI
- Compress videos easily
- Export MPEG-4 and QuickTime
- Fast Sharing
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job well — with annoyances
I regularly need to shrink a video to a target size, and this app does the job well. Pick a target size of the video, and this app will quickly produce one close to that size. That said, the app has several annoyances that keep me from giving it five stars. I wrote the developer asking how to pay to fix these annoyances. The developer did not even respond to me, which is unprofessional.
1. There is no way to remove ads. Ads run well past the point where the X appears on the screen and I must watch every single ad in its entirety. If I am compressing video with people nearby (such as in the office), I must remember to turn down the volume on the iPad before the ad and then turn it back up after the ad. Sometimes there is no way to click out of an ad after it completes, forcing me to exit the app and start over. Let me pay to get rid of the ads.
2. The app forces running in portrait mode. I use an iPad Pro with a keyboard. At this point, I have become somewhat accustomed to reading text sideways and watching ads sideways. Let the app operate in landscape mode.
3. While somewhat minor, the app will not force a download of the video before attempting to compress it. If I shoot a video on the iPhone, then try to compress it on the iPad, I must remember to force a download of the video to the iPad before I try to compress it.
4. Developer will not respond to email. This is just uncool.
SIMPLE. Literally a daily-use app. NO fuss.
Heres the answer you scrolled here for: This app 100% works, and converts faster than some free and powerful desktop apps like Handbrake, which is why I coughed up 2 bucks. Free and paid version has the same functionality, which is an awesome amount of control over the video size on output. The free version has ads, which are mildly irritating, but this app DOES work despite that.
You USUALLY know the deal with apps like this. You want to do something quick and simple, but the app makers are brainrotted by typical iOS nonsense, like a 10-tier payment plan to remove a watermark, etc. etc.
This app has been going strong, it gets daily use in my day-to-day. Even though I have Discord nitro, videos on my phone can be absolutely massive to post there. IOS’s horrific lack of info on your videos and no ability to convert to mp4- this is a much needed app in my repertoire.
APP HAS SERIOUS FLAW
App won’t let me compress files larger then 10 gigs. iPhone vids are always huge, especially using 4K. App won’t let me compress the same file again, despite I deleted the old file and created a new file from scratch, it still will not let me compress the new version of that file. Additionally, adds take over your entire screen, that look like something you need to take care of to get the app to work. Don’t fall for it. Now you can pay to get rid of ads, but I dare not until I know it will then allow me to compress files larger than 10gigs. I was forced to leave a review after just 5 minutes of use to keep it running. So I gave it 5 stars to hopefully get the app working better. Good luck.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zheng Weijie
- 7.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Zheng Weijie
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99