Video Crop & Zoom - HD allows you to crop your videos in an easy and precise way.
Why would you do that?
• You want to remove a person or an object from a video. Crop your video to make this part invisible.
• You need to straighten a video in order to fix the horizon.
• You have recorded a video with a portrait orientation and you would like to change it to a landscape orientation.
• You want to add small effects to your video, like a zoom-in to someone's face, shortly followed by a zoom-out to a larger general view.
• You want to keep the best of your video only, cropping the main part of it, and removing the superfluous.
• You want to crop your video with a specific constrain (square, 4x3, 16x9 , ...) or some precise dimension (580p, 1080p, ...) before sending it to your TV or your favourite social service.
The Input video can be imported from your device in several ways.
The modified version (if there is one) or the original version of the video are both available.
The camera can be used directly to record a video if needed.
You can also connect your device to your computer in order to drag and drop specific videos (Files feature).
The output video can be exported in several ways.
Create a new video in the Photo app or in the Files app.
Directly modify the input video by adding an edited version.
Share the video to another application.
An animated and original user interface allows you to crop (and zoom and rotate), if necessary, every frame of the video independently.
An interpolation will be done automatically between each of your modifications, in order to scale and move progressively the crop area.
Those cropped areas can be defined by using some simple gestures, but in case some high precision is needed, you can directly change the values (in pixels for the size and position, in degrees for the angle).
Some optional visual guides, like configurable grids, and contextual information, can be displayed to help you track your target.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, a Photo Extension, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
Dark mode of iOS13 is supported.
You will find the original and intuitive user interface, common to all our videos applications.
These applications have been featured many times by Apple and various websites.
iOS 15.2 related fixes
(sometimes, the app could not launch correctly)
Ratings and Reviews
Genius Video App
I use this app frequently. The results are flawless, so many creative options to reframe and zoom into my already filmed videos Brilliant design and execution. I use all of the video apps designed by this top-notch developer.
Request: I would like to use this app on still photos also. I reluctantly use another app to convert my image into a video and then upload it into this app. I prefer to skip that extra step.
Developer Response ,
I take note of the request :)
Super-handy, easy & effective!
This does a simple (and often needed) task just the way it should with zero fuss. If you need a video cropper, I'd highly recommend this.
Note: For some reason I had a helluva time finding an app that met that, plus several other important criteria (that one this does!):
• MUST crop to any dimension(s) I want (so many apps force you into standard aspect ratios--boo).
• small footprint (for constantly full 16GB phone)
• stable, and able to handle the files I give it (some apps get stupid finicky about formats, screen grabs, etc).
• be from a qualified dev (not some ad-lovin clone maker).
...and now Robert is your father's brother.
Hey, dev: I just upgraded to the whole suite. There was a super deal, and your rep for this app sold me. Kudos all around.
Works well for previewing Instagram crops
I have used this to crop personal videos where I had the rotation wrong (portrait instead of landscape). But it’s really great for cropping if your subject moves around in the shot. We use it for work to view how our landscape videos will be cropped when we upload them to Instagram (square).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Francis Bonnin
- 77.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © PacoLabs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.