Video GIF Creator is the complete solution for converting videos and images to animated GIFs. Designed to satisfy the needs of both casual users and professional web designers and featuring an impressive set of editing options, Video GIF Creator gives you unlimited creative freedom when it comes to generating animated GIF images. But here is what Video GIF Creator has to offer:
* Select any video/image(s) from your hard drive
* Add the selected image(s) to the new GIF
* Manually add any frame from the selected video to the new GIF
* Define a custom section of the selected video from which frames will be automatically extracted and added to the new GIF
* Define a fixed number of frames that will be automatically extracted
* Define a fixed time interval between the frames that will be automatically extracted
* Choose between a liniar (start - end) or circular (start - end - start) play style for the new GIF
* Adjust the following properties of the new GIF:
- Brightness (make the GIF darker or brighter)
- Exposure (change the exposure of the GIF)
- Contrast (change the contrast of the GIF)
- Saturation (increase or decrease the saturation level of the GIF)
- Gamma (change the gamma of the GIF)
- Hue (change the hue of the GIF)
* Apply the following artistic effects to the new GIF:
- Color Effects: Chrome, Fade, Instant, Mono, Noir, Process, Tonal, Transfer
- Cartoon (makes the GIF look like a cartoon)
- Sketch (makes the GIF look like a sketch)
- Vignette (makes the GIF darker around the edges)
* Add a text to the new GIF for which you can customise the following:
- Text (this is the text that will appear on the GIF)
- Text Color (change the color of your text)
- Font Type (choose from 20 types of hand-picked fonts)
- Font Size (change the font size of your text)
- Opacity (make your text more opaque or transparent)
- Shadow (make your text more visible by adding a shadow effect)
- Stroke (make your text more visible by adding a stroke effect)
- Position (you can choose between: Bottom Left, Bottom Right, Top Left, Top Right and Center)
- X Offset (for an exact horizontal positioning of your text)
- Y Offset (for an exact vertical positioning of your text)
* Automatically crop the new GIF to one of the following aspect ratios: 1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9
* Manually crop the new GIF using either pixels or percents to define the crop area
* Resize the new GIF using percents or pixels
* Define the frame delay, loop count and color levels of the new GIF
* Supported image formats: JPG, JPEG, JPE, JP2, JPX, PNG, TIFF, TIF, GIF, BMP
* Supported video formats: MOV, M4V, MP4, 3GP, 3G2
So purchase Video GIF Creator today and take your GIFs to the next level.
- Support for dark mode in macOS Mojave
- Resizable app window
- Added a GIF Info window which displays the dimensions and file size of the currently generated GIF
- All compatible video and photo files can now be opened directly into the app using the Open With option from the macOS contextual menu
- Bugfix: The infinite loop functionality works properly now
- Minor bugfixes and user interface improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nice tool. crop and offset must be entered numerically tho.
handy little gif maker.
Add interactive mouse cropping and this is 5 star.
btw, If I hit play and the settings have changed, the app should just regenerate preview and play.
(telling me I need to hit generate preview just to press play again is unfuriating.)
Has potential, but not quite enough to be worth it
It’s so close, and I want to like it more, but you can't play the clip you are cutting the gif from, so if you’re trying to gif out a specific moment from a bigger clip, you end up having to scrub around by chance until you find the right moments to start and stop. You also can’t delete more than one frame at once in editing mode so fine tuning can take a lot of work. If these two things were fixed, though, it would be the ideal program for me. But unfortunately, as is, it’s a big hassle. It creates a more HD gif, but for the extra work, the higer resolution doesn’t pay off for me. You’re better off using one of the free web applications like ezgif…
Developer Response ,
Dear user, the issues you are describing have been fixed. Thank you for helping us improve our products.
Lacking One Feature For Me (Probably Not For Thee)
Like everybody, I want apps that do everything I want done--but life doesn't work that way. I need one feature that the program lacks (unless I haven't found a way to implement it. I need a variable frame rate, that is, in some cases I might want certain frames to appear longer than the others. E.g., I might want a title screen to appear for a few seconds but then have the rest of the frames appear for 0.1 seconds. I can't do it with Video GIF Creator. I can in Photoshop. I stress, though, the reader of this review might not need the above capability. If that's the case, consider this a FOUR-star rating instead of three.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Day 1 Solutions SRL
- 4.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Day 1 Solutions SRL
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.