Watch any web video and your personal photos, videos & music on your Chromecast or Google Cast powered TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen.
With Video & TV Cast you can browse through the web and stream any online video on your Chromecast (movies, tv shows, sports, music and more). Just navigate to your favorite website and send the embedded video with a single tap to your Chromecast. The discovered video will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will send it to your Chromecast immediately. Streaming personal media from your device is also supported.
* The app only works with a Chromecast 1+2+Ultra by Google and on devices with Google Cast or Chromecast built-in.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming.
* If a specific video does not cast, please check our FAQ. If that does not help, please give us a chance to help you by dropping a mail to email@example.com instead of leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for your video as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: A remote control that allows you to fast forward or rewind videos while browsing. It syncs across all your iPads & iPhones that are connected to the same Chromecast. So your video can be controlled by different users in the same room.
* Personal Media: Cast unlimited personal photos, videos and music directly from your device or from cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Subtitles: Display subtitles & closed captions on TV.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> USER FEEDBACKS
"You've brought the chromecast to life on iOS devices!! And you designed it work easily and quickly"
“I looooove your app. It has taken my Chromecast to a whole new level.”
Rosalind Romero, USA
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We want to say thank you for all your great support and kindly invite you to honestly rate our app. This helps us to keep up our app development and support for you. Please do not trust other apps that ask you for 5-star ratings in exchange for premium upgrades. This is against good developer ethics and also against Apple guidelines.
If you have any feedback, feature requests or other request, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Google or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The more updates the worse
I’m going to cut to the chase, it’s a very convenient app to use. But it seems the farther they go along the more things you need to purchase. You used to be able to pause, play, rewind, and fast forward. Now that is a payed feature. I have bought the premium 4 times but it goes off of your apple ID and not your google account. I’m refusing to make any more in-app purchases until there is a better way to link payments across devices. There should either be a family plan or a linking across emails. Because when you have a family, which ever device has premium is now rendered disabled for any other use. Chrome Casting while using this app can cause lag or packet loss( packet loss is not necessarily lag it’s when the wifi is smooth but for some reason all the data is not getting received. ) So it should be linked through email and have the option to have a family plan just like google home.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately, purchases on iOS (Apple) and Android (Google) are not interchangeable due to restrictions by the platforms. If you would like to use upgrades or purchased apps on both platforms, please consider purchasing them separately on each platform.
If you buy a new device with the same platform like your old device (either iOS or Android), you can restore your purchases on the new device. In fact, you can restore your previous purchases on as many devices as you like, as long as they share the same platform (either iOS or Android).
If you have issues restoring the app on your iOS device, please try the following steps which are recommended by Apple: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6322. The Restore button can be found in the Shop in the top right corner.
(a) Make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase. Sign in with a different Apple ID if you need to.
(b) Check the restrictions on your device to make sure in-app purchases are allowed (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204396).
(c) Check your purchase history in iTunes on your computer to make sure you were charged for the purchase.
(d) Make sure that you restore the app edition which you previously bought (Chromecast, Google Cast, Samsung, LG, Sony, Roku, Fire TV or DLNA).
(e) Delete and re-install the app.
(f) Restart your device.
If all that does not help, please try a 'hard reset' of your iPhone/iPad and try the restore again. (If you do not know how that is done, please check the tutorial at https://youtu.be/8-jBN0-ntcw ).
Please note that all basic features which are needed to get video casting running are for free. To maintain support and to fund the further development we apologize that we cannot give all advanced features like scrubbing and the Ad-Blocker for free.
Please let us know if any of this solutions work for you. Thank you very much in advance.
We'd love to hear from you.
Started out great when chrome cast was getting big
But now every time I go on to cast a movie on this app, I always get “video-ad detected. Press here to skip” I’ll press it and literally nothing happens. Itll like freeze and i have the ad blocker on. Yet it always asks me to allow or deny pop ups. I’ll deny said pop ups and again nothing will happen. I’ll reload the page and allow said pop ups and again nothing happens. It’s a bit frustrating when a simple process that would normally take me 5 minutes is now taking me 30 minutes or maybe even longer because pop ups need to be allowed or denied and video ads need to be skipped.. what was the point of me buying the entire bundle if it just makes things a bit more complicated.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app.
Just wanted to let you know we improved the app with the latest release. Please give it a try and let us know what you think. We'd love to hear from you.
Lots of Quirks
As other reviews have said, you have to complete an in-app purchase to be able to pause, rewind and fast forward. Months ago, I didn’t mind making the purchase because the app worked pretty well other than that. Now, it’s kinda slow and takes several attempts of casting the video before it actually sends it to the chromecast. A lot of reloading the page, disconnecting and reconnecting to the chromecast, and even closing the app and opening it again.
I think my biggest complaint currently is that it recognizes ads on websites as videos, so it’s common that it casts the ad to my chromecast instead of the video I actually want to watch. In addition, the button that you use to cast the video is the bar that you use pause or scrub the video. Even if you do cast the correct video to your chromecast, if it recognizes the ad as a new video and you can no longer use the functionality of the in-app purchase that you made.
To be blunt and concise: it works but not great.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 45.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Remote Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.