Watch webvideos, online movies, live tv streams and your personal photos, videos & music on your Amazon Fire TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen.
With Video & TV Cast you can browse through the web and stream any video you want on your Amazon Fire TV (movies, tv shows, sports, music and more). Just navigate to your favorite website and send the embedded video with a single tap to your Amazon Fire TV. The discovered video will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will send it to your Amazon Fire TV immediately. Streaming personal media from your device is also supported.
>>> Important Notes
* The app only works with a Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a video is not working at all, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: A remote control that allows you to fast forward or rewind videos while browsing. It syncs across all your iPads & iPhones that are connected to the same Fire TV. So your video can be controlled by different users in the same room.
* Personal Media: Cast unlimited personal photos, videos and music directly from your device or from cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Countless websites have been reported to us and we already support more than 90% of all videos on the internet. But still we know that things can get even better. Your feedback and priorities will drive our work ahead, and you’ll see new features and more supported websites in our next app updates.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Amazon or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and Reviews
So far, it works on the Fire Stick
I’ve downloaded and tried just about every casting app for the Fire Stick. The first question is always, “Does it work?” Most of them don’t. So this app has that going for it. The next issue is, “Will it continue to work?” Both Fire Rocket and iWebTV have stopped working for me on my iPhone 7Plus, though I can still download movies through Fire Rocket. This app is a little more confusing to use, but it works. I’ll wait to see if it stays working before I pay to upgrade it.
Works but costs
I didn’t download this app because I cut the cord or something. I downloaded it to view my movie projects on my fire stick without having to download it to my phone and lose precious phone storage. Except, this app forces you to pay for a lot of basic functions like scrubbing the video. I’ve found that this app will stop at a certain point during playback without fail, forcing you to watch the movie from the beginning which can be time consuming and extremely frustrating. If you want to be able to resume playback you’ll have to pay for the scrubbing function but I suspect as soon as you pay for that, the video won’t suddenly stop more than halfway through your video - making your purchase almost useless.
I wouldn’t suggest using this app if you’re going to be watching movies because it will almost always suddenly stop working during the movie and force you to either buy the scrubbing function or start your movie over from the beginning. Unless you want to pay for those things. If you’re just trying to use it for free like me, it’s best to use it for videos 30mins or less.
Works but Very inconsistent
I downloaded earlier in the summer. It worked immediately but almost just as immediately I would find that it’s very glitchy. It works without issue for maybe 60-70% of the time. And then it’ll go a day or two or 3 even without being able to connect no matter how many times I reset my Firestick tv or iPhone. Sometimes the glitch can last a few hours sometimes it’s a few days. That’s what I find extremely irritating. I paid for the app and as much as I love it when it’s working. 60-70% of the time is a very low bar for performance. I don’t understand why this glitch can’t be fixed. I wish they would man up and do something already...it’s last update was nearly 3 months ago. Not cool. It could be and should be so much better but alas it seems like no one cares to address the problem.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 39.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.