Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your LG Smart TV with webOS and NetCast. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your LG Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your LG Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the LG App Store (LG Smart World / LG Content Store) on your TV, search for 'TV Cast' and install the companion app.
* Please enter the ip-address of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your TV Remote or scroll wheel on your Magic Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the hardware remote of your LG for controlling the TV app and video playback.
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all LG Smart TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with LG Electronics or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Everything works - It’s “ok” for an app
All the features do work. Sometimes the instructions aren’t 100% clear but after some trial and error it’s easy to understand the app. It does feel pretty dated though and I feel that’s where its not quite as user friendly as it could be. Unfortunately it’s pretty much the only option out there on the App Store. Shame LG doesn’t make an up to date app with all the same abilities. LG does make an app but it’s also not very user friendly, a little dated and lacks some of the key capabilities this app has.
once in a while it works
The number of annoying things about this app is too high to cover them all. You have to use the browser within the app to get to your video. If you have a long URL that you can’t copy (eg, in subscription sites) you have to retype into the app’s browser. It will not work with live streams. The popup that asks you to choose video quality makes the video stop playing, which prevents the app from connecting. Then another popup appears immediately (before you can get the video restarted) asking if it’s working, which again overrides video controls. The “Is it working” popup tells you to wait at least 30 sec before hitting retry; why not wait the 30 seconds before popping up?? If you chose the “free” version, ads will pop up that REQUIRE you to sign up with credit card for something before you can close them. I went for the premium version and the best I can say is that I got it to work once. Spend your money on a TV streaming device that allows you to mirror your small screen instead.
It works, but on just.
Update, I can't believe how low you can go but LG found a way. This updated version bypasses me ad block and managed to download a ad payload that bricked my iPad. What a greedy stupid ad on to a troubled app. I spend a fortune for a TV installed a app for my personal device I paid for and now I get forced ads I don't want and need.
I can't tell what's worst, the ads pop up on the iPad or the insanity of the TV app that fights you at every turn. When you select casting, it will throw up updates or pictures on how to do it. Just about anything other than what you wanted to do. Then asking you press OK. There isn't an OK on the remote. Brilliant. Then after dealing with the poor TV app, this app asks you every time, mind you, if the app worked. Really? Every time? Just not very well put together. But it does have more ads. Yea, more ads.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please note that we are not LG or affiliated with LG. If you have problems with an LG TV, please contact LG directly.
As an independent company we need to have a source of income to be able to still develop and work on the app. Therefore there is advertisement before casting the videos, even on the ones from your phone. Please note that the only ads we show are the ads you have to watch to cast a video. We are not responsible for any pop-up ads or redirections occuring from other websites. If you would like to have an ad-free experience, please chek out our ad-blocker inside the app or in the pro app edition. Please also note that all of our services and apps are one-time purchases only, so there are no subscription models involved.
To take advantage of our support for the Video & TV Cast app, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We'd love to hear from you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 62.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Local Videos $2.99
- Playbar $2.99
- Desktop Mode $2.99
- Bookmarks $2.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze) $0.99
- Change Homepage $2.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum) $4.99
- Remove Ads (Gold) $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.