Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your LG Smart TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your LG Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your LG Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the LG App Store (LG Smart World / LG Content Store) on your TV, search for 'TV Cast' and install the companion app.
* Please enter the ip-address of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your TV Remote or scroll wheel on your Magic Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the hardware remote of your LG for controlling the TV app and video playback.
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all LG Smart TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with LG Electronics or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost Perfect App!
This app does a five star job casting videos to your compatible smart TV. I am downgrading it to four stars because of two deficiencies. It requires you to manually enter your iPhone or iPad IP address every time you use a different device. It's a small but annoying deficiency. The TV app needs to be updated to remember several device IP's, and scan for the active device on launch. It also doesn't display stills from the device photo library, a major omission.
Does the job
It’s not particularly easy to start with the wall of text when you open the app, but once you get through that, set up is simple enough. And although it works I do have to re-try casting at least twice with each video to get it to initially start. Plus if the show has a commercial break I have to recast after each one. It’s just frustrating when you’re trying to do something around the house to keep having to come back and restart. But you get what you pay for. This does the job and in the end, that’s the most important thing....
Too difficult, too many ads, have to pay for features
Title pretty much sums it up. They claim to have an ad blocker but you have to pay $7 for premium to turn it on. As it is there’s way too many ads. It will work to stream a video from phone to smart tv, but it’s just too time consuming to consistently do so. Want to fast forward or rewind? Well there’s a playbar that may allow you to do that but you have to pay for that feature too. If the app was better designed I’d gladly pay $7, but having to type in different IP addresses every time you open/close app is just idiotic. I would give app 3 stars based on it doing what it claims, but ads and inconvenience drop it 1 star. Do better!
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 33.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Bookmarks $2.99
- Desktop Mode $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.