Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your LG Smart TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your LG Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your LG Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the LG App Store (LG Smart World / LG Content Store) on your TV, search for 'TV Cast' and install the companion app.
* Please enter the ip-address of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your TV Remote or scroll wheel on your Magic Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the hardware remote of your LG for controlling the TV app and video playback.
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all LG Smart TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with LG Electronics or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good for the price
I'm sure the paid version of this app is even better than the free. It may be something I do decide to purchase in the near future. I would say 5 stars would require an update as a new user so that I may gain more experience in the app and the possible paid version as well before offering up a 5 star review. But as of now there is not much to complain about and so 4 stars and a possible update for 5 after I purchase the full app and test its perks.
once in a while it works
The number of annoying things about this app is too high to cover them all. You have to use the browser within the app to get to your video. If you have a long URL that you can’t copy (eg, in subscription sites) you have to retype into the app’s browser. It will not work with live streams. The popup that asks you to choose video quality makes the video stop playing, which prevents the app from connecting. Then another popup appears immediately (before you can get the video restarted) asking if it’s working, which again overrides video controls. The “Is it working” popup tells you to wait at least 30 sec before hitting retry; why not wait the 30 seconds before popping up?? If you chose the “free” version, ads will pop up that REQUIRE you to sign up with credit card for something before you can close them. I went for the premium version and the best I can say is that I got it to work once. Spend your money on a TV streaming device that allows you to mirror your small screen instead.
Works perfectly when you learn how to use it
This app is great but it’s not self explanatory. The negative reviews are from users that likely did not get it to work to its full potential (the casting is not just limited to the web browser within the app, you can cast any sort of streaming app to the TV). I wanted to provide advice for how I was able to use it. To cast an app (ie HBO, Netflix, etc.):
- connect phone to TV using the IP address instructions
- exit this app and go to the app you want to watch a show on
- launch video within that app
- click on the casting symbol (usually in the top right corner when the video is launched)
- click view Airplay devices, and select your TV from the list
The video should launch on your TV, and you should be free to use your phone for other things. Hopefully this is helpful, don’t give up on the app too early! As long as you don’t mind an ad or two before your video connects, the free version works just fine.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 63.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Local Videos $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.