Watch any web video or camera-roll video on your Roku and enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for Roku you can browse the web and stream any web video or online TV show on your Roku. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, video over https and of course Full HD are supported.
Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your Roku. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will start the show.
* COMPATIBILITY: Please test your favorite videos with the free app edition before upgrading! Compatibility may depend on your Roku device and firmware.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and DRM protected videos like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, DirecTV, Xfinity, HBO now are not supported!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming.
* If a specific video does not cast, please check our FAQ. If that does not help, please give us a chance to help you by dropping a mail to email@example.com instead of leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for your video as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote: Control your Roku straight from your iPhone or iPad. The remote works independed from video streaming and you can use it with other Roku channels as well.
* Personal Media: Cast unlimited personal photos, videos and music directly from your device or from cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> USER FEEDBACKS
"You have saved my life - Honestly. I cannot thank you enough. This is probably the best app I have ever gotten. Purchased all of the addons immediately after I saw it worked. I hope you continue to develop, and I trust you see our emails :)"
AJ The Man, USA
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
We want to say thank you for all your great support and kindly invite you to honestly rate our app. This helps us to keep up our app development and support for you.
If you have any feedback, feature requests or other request, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Roku or one of its products or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best APP EVER!
I have had this app to screencast through our Roku for over a year now. It has ALWAYS been reliable. Even when apple updated their iOS system and it became incompatible with the app, the developers kept us updated the entire time that they knew of the issue, offered a temp fix, and when they hoped to have the issue resolved.
I also want to say that I am not a tech geek, app specialist, or even that knowledgeable about screencasting. Everything I know I learned through this app. We use it EVERY SINGLE DAY to watch shows my husband and I grew up on and loved like Quincy M.E., Hercules, Xena-Warrior Princess, Seaquest DSV, Fantasy Island, and Firefly.
But we also use it to screencast current shows and all their past seasons like Murdoch Mysteries, The Shannara Chronicles, The Walking Dead, Chicago Fire, Once, and so many more... That doesn’t even begin to cover the amount of movies we have watched! Too many to even list...
I truly can’t say enough great things about this app. I have recommended it to everyone I know and to whomever is reading this review. I also paid to unlock all the extras and it was worth EVERY penny!
I hope you all enjoy it as much as our family does.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app.
🤗 A MUST HAVE! 🤩
This app does EXACTLY what it says it will do, if not m😳re! (If that’s somehow p🤨ssible.) in all honesty though, this 💎 of an app is an absolute insta-download if... 1. You own/ use a Roku. 2. Want to cast either photos, music, or videos/ movies🎞 🎥🍿 from your 📱onto your 🖥! It worked perfectly from the minute I downloaded it for the sole purpose of casting movies I had been streaming from a website on my iPhone, onto a bigger screen, being my somewhat older, Vizio 37 in. flatscreen! Not to mention there wasn’t and still hasn’t been N🚫T ☝🏼problem or issue which seems to be VERY rare these days w/ all the apps out there nowadays! Anyways, I recommend this one 💯% to everyone out there!✌🏼this app is a God send! 🙌🏼🙏🏻
App only streams up to 1 hour of the movies the closes
I have trouble with this app. For one it doesn’t allow all my .mp4 files to be optimized for casting. I even tried re-converting the files using prism and fly crunch and the new files are not discoverable by the TV Cast app for Roku. And also when you play the videos from you iCloud account or trough the streaming option the videos will play for up to an hour and then the app tears down and exits with the error saying the video failed to cast. Also the app crashes a lot while optimizing videos and trying to play videos back. Sometimes it exits and throws you back to Roku home . Please fix these issues. As for now I wouldn’t give this app more then 2 stars because it Doesn’t accomplish what it claims it does. I even paid for the Premium or Pro version of the app, but it seems to have been a waist for money! Chromecast is better then the Roku stick because it allows you to stream .mp4 files from you computer chrome browser and to cast the video from the browser. So far this app nor other third party roku developers do not offer a way to cast from a browser to the roku .
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 53.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $5.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Remote $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.