Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray Player. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video streamer.
With Video & TV Cast for Samsung Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your Samsung Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your Samsung Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the Samsung App Store (Smart Hub) on your TV or Blu-ray Player, search for 'TV Cast' and install the receiver app.
* Please enter the ip-adress of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your Samsung TV Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and other DRM protected videos like HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the Remote Playbar for video control while browsing (see more info below)
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray Players. You can also use the included TV Remote for basic video control (play, pause, stop, forward and rewind videos) and navigating in Samsung Smart Hub. The TV Remote currently works on 2010 - 2013 TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Samsung or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Frustrating, aggravating and annoying
This app can be very frustrating and annoying. Some times it runs flawlessly but most of the time it just shuts down in the begging and /or middle and/or end of viewing of your show and that brings on another problem. Even when it works flawlessly you still have to “Cast - Stop - Cast”. It never has and still doesn’t cast on the first go. You always have to cast it close the add select the “no please try again” and only then it will cast. I can deal with that if I only had to do it once but no, it either disconnects or the app just shots down. Then you have to start the app up again , search for your show againg it’s just to much. Some times I think it’s not worth it, it’s just to aggravating. And don’t forget that every time you got it casting again you have fast forward and get to the point where it cut out. I’ll give this app a few more tries, if it continues acting up I’ll just stop using it and look for something else.
I though it was time to give you an update. After writing this review the app started to work a lot better. Didn’t even have to do anything different or make any changes. So I’ve raised my star rating. I still do have to cast the show twice (cast, stop, cast) before it will cast.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try the following options that may help:
(1) Please make sure you have a stable internet connection (both your iOS device and the receiver device). Please also try to move your wifi access point (or router) nearer to your receiver device and your sender device to improve the signal.
(2) Please make sure that the energy-saving mode of your phone is not activated. Please note that low battery from your device can also lead also to incorrect transmission.
(3) Please try to turn off both your smartphone and your Cast device completely (pull the plug) and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
(4) Please check out the tutorial videos and the FAQ inside the app and read the official setup and troubleshooting guides provided by the manufacturer of your TV or casting device.
If this does not help you, please try to add a few more information: Which website/video is effected? Please also add information about the sender device (example: iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1) and the receiver device (example Samsung model xyz).
Thank you very much in advance. We'd love to hear from you.
Difficult to start but once you get the hang of it
Downloaded for the iPhone version and it was a little bit difficult to actually figure it out but once I learned, no problem. I actually cannot figure out why people complain so much when it was a little difficult to start yes but once I figured it out it has been smooth sailing. I just wonder if it is the attention span of today’s millennial’s. They want everything done, now. Oh wait no I’m sorry they wanted done now now now.
My only complaint is high definition...it is at the lower end of high definition when playing on TV cast. But I am definitely pleased that’s why I gave it a four star. I am now trying to figure out how to play my saved videos on my phone and yes someone could teach me but it’s better that I learn on my own.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We are glad that you like our app. Please make sure you have a stable internet connection (both your iOS device and the receiver device). Please also try to move your wifi access point (or router) nearer to your streaming device and your iOS device to improve the signal. With high-resolution media, there may be missing frames during the transfer. Please try to lower the resolution of the media in such cases.
Please make sure that the energy-saving mode of your phone is not activated. This can lead to incorrect transmission.
About how to cast local videos: The videos must be stored on your phone to be able to play them. Please connect your phone to your Cast device. After attaching the video under "Personal Media" it should be formatted briefly and then transferred immediately. Otherwise, tap again on the green edged video.
Please let us know if this helps you. We'd love to hear from you.
Needs lots of work
This app does not work as expected. My intent was to watch Home videos taken on my iPhone, and screen share / cast them to a Samsung smart tv - something that *should* be as simple as FaceTime, right ? Wrong! The app will disconnect from the tv, as soon as you switch to your video and start play, so no luck there.
Second option - Using the app Menu, then find your home video. It tells you that only the last three videos taken can be watched with the free version of the app ! I guess the in-app purchase is now required. So I tried one - result: no sound, and the video does not rotate to match the orientation of the Home video. So you sit on the couch with your head cocked sideways, with no sound. Also, the app must upload your video to a web service to “optimize” it, which means they now have a copy of your content. This process creates a web link url, so now you are streaming it to the TV app. This is not “screen casting” or mirroring at all ! It is uploading from the phone app, and downloading to the TV app !
Also / biggest pain ever is the whole “enter IP address “ nonsense . Hello Developers - it’s called multicast, or broadcast, or DNS lookup - there are many choice to find devices on the same layer 2 network without asking users to type in numbers they don’t understand. It should be as simple as FaceTime. Go back to the beginning and start over on your device discovery subroutines.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to review our app. We apologize for the inconvenience and the late response. Just wanted to let you know we improved the app with the latest release. Please give it a try and let us know what you think. We also would like to help you about the issues: (1) "Connection" - Please always make sure you have a stable internet connection (both your iOS device and the receiver device). Please also try to move your wifi access point (or router) nearer to your streaming device and your iOS device to improve the signal. Please make sure that the energy-saving mode of your phone is not activated. This can lead to incorrect transmission. (2) "No sound" - Videos may play without audio when the audio format is not supported by the device. Please update your streaming device to the latest firmware and try again. If that does not help please try to find the video in a different format. (3) "Wrong rotation" - This happens when you record a video in portrait mode or upside down on your iOS device and try to stream it to a device which does not support different video orientations. Please always try to record videos in default landscape mode to avoid conflicts with playback orientation on TVs and other streaming devices. Alternatively you must rotate your video manually by using a third party video editor before you stream it. (4) "Screen-mirroring" - Our TV Mirror is currently only compatible with Chromecast, Roku and Fire TV. We are already working on a TV Mirror for Samsung app. Please stay tuned. (5) "Optimize local videos" - Please note that the videos are only temporarily processed on your device and not saved. We get no copy of your content. You can also delete the ‘optimized’ videos by clearing the "app cache". (6) "IP adress” - We are sorry about the inconvenience. Please note that with newer Samsung devices, the IP address changes automatically. If you still have issues with the app, please do not hesitate and contact us again. You can also reach us via E-Mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). We'd love to hear from you.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 67.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Remote Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.