** Now Available: Videoloupe for Mac **
Videoloupe is an advanced video player offering an extensive set of features for video playback and video analysis. It offers advanced playback controls, multi-video synchronized playback, frame sequence exporting, comprehensive keyboard shortcuts, trackpad gestures and so much more.
## INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS ##
• Playback multiple videos at once to determine the best take.
• Verify video focus and sharpness with up to 500% magnification.
• Export videos with timecode overlay.
• Perform lossless trimming.
• Use extensive keyboard shortcuts to quickly preview videos before importing into an editor.
• Export frames from videos to share as images.
• Re-live moments with slow-motion playback.
• Export marker timestamps for personal use in other applications.
COACHES & ATHLETES
• Analyze technique using video-on-video overlay.
• Find performance differences with the timing component.
• Watch multiple athletes or sessions side-by-side using synchronized playback.
## NOTABLE FEATURES ##
MULTI-VIDEO SYNCHRONIZED PLAYBACK
• Control playback of multiple videos using a single playback controller.
• Step, scrub and seek videos while maintaining their respective playback positions.
• Simultaneously adjust playback position on multiple videos using group markers.
• Independently set each video's initial playback time.
• Use the stopwatch timer to measure elapsed time independant of the current track time.
• Compare timers between synchronized videos to calculate offset times.
• Make basic color corrections and adjustments using common sliders and controls.
• Apply creative effects like sepia and black & white.
• Use third-party LUTs to apply film and scene looks.
• Use RGB waveform scopes to analysis color balance and range.
EXPORT FRAMES TO IMAGE SEQUENCE
• Export a single frame, sequential frames or all frames within a time range.
• Use timelime works to define the range of frames to be exported.
• Batch export frames from multiple videos at once.
• Supported formats: JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
• Include timecode, frame counter or watermark overlay.
• Export multiple videos to a composite video for easy playback and sharing.
• Adjust playback rate on exported video to speed-up or slow-down playback.
• Choose from various dimensions for exported video.
• Lay out videos horizontally, vertically or as a grid in a composite video export.
• Use timelime markers to specify time range to be exported.
• Add a lead-in title and sub-title to exported videos.
• Quickly perform lossless trimming of videos.
INTEGRATED DEVICE MEDIA BROWSER
• Browse media on an iPod, iPad or iPhone using the built-in device browser via USB.
• Download videos and photos from a device for playback within Videoloupe.
• Files downloaded with Videoloupe can be used in any other application.
• Use track markers to quickly reposition playhead during playback.
• Use markers to define keyframes and time ranges to use during image sequence exporting.
• Export marker timestamps to CSV or JSON.
VIDEO TRACK TIMELINE
• Audio Waveform Visualization
• Video track thumbnails
• Timining Marks
ADVANCED VIDEO PLAYBACK CONTROLS
• Frame stepping
• Rotate 180 degrees during playback for videos shot upside-down
• Bi-directional playback rates of 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, 30x and 60x
• Bi-directional slow-motion playback rates of 1/2x, 1/4x and 1/8x
• Bi-directional and variable rate track scrubbing with trackpad gestures
• Multi-level video zooming up to 500% durive live playback
• Skip forward and Skip backwards by 1, 2 or 5 seconds
• Extensive support for keyboard shortcuts and trackpad gestures
## REQUIREMENTS ###
• OS X 10.12 is required.
* Includes TouchBar Support
• Synchronized playback performance is heavily dependent on CPU, GPU and hard disk speeds.
• Videoloupe does not include any additional video codecs other than those included with macOS.
- Updated for latest versions of macOS.
- Optimized for Apple Silicon machines.
- Fixed issue in 1.5.1 that caused a layout issue when displaying the adjustments panel.
- Fixed issue in 1.5 that caused the main window to appear blank at times.
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great But WYSIWYG
Very helpful at a handful of editing/tweaking/media cleaning tasks, and a nicely-scalable interface.
Only complaint: I've been waiting 2 years for the addition of custom default export settings with no luck. Not the end of the world, but having to manually reset multiple settings every time I export does add up to a non-zero amount of frustration.
Hopfully 2019 is the year!
It's my go-to video swiss army knife.
I've been using VideoLoupe almost daily for over a year (I bought it from developers site when it wasn't on the Mac App store). It's been a critical tool to my daily workflow both as a Pro video editor & also just as a Mac user that needs to view/scan/mark/export portions of videos or stills from videos (but to be clear it does WAY more than just those, that's just what my workflow most often requires). It's a super handy & lightweight tool to do a TON of tasks with video clips without having to go into a heavy app like Fina Cut or a mess like QuickTime X. For me, Videoloupe started to fill the void that Apple left behind when they let Quicktime 7 Pro die. Videoloupe hasn't covered ALL the things QT7 did so your mileage may vary depending on what you need, but it covers enough low hanging fruit to warrant taking a close look if you work with video clips. It's hard to explain how much it does because it's really a Swiss army knife and it's features are extensive. I love that the developer has given the user a bunch of tools & controls without oversimplifying to the point of uselessness, even if it takes a little exploring on the users part at times. I use only a portion of Videoloupes options and it's well worth the price to me. If you're an editor - it's a no brainer to give it a try. If you're a more moderate Mac user take a look too but know that there's a slight bit of a learning curve (but seriously don't let that scare you - the developer has a free trial on their website).
App doesn't work with Big Sur file directory, meaning you can't load movies. Hasn't been updated in two years. Look elsewhere..
Developer Response ,
Videoloupe has recently been updated and should work properly with macOS Big Sur and Monterey.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Corduroy Code Inc.
- 4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Corduroy Code Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.