The Vietnam Memorial Names application seeks to honor the service members who fought in the Vietnam War and especially those service members who died while serving in Vietnam and South East Asia or are still Missing In Action.
Select the Search Names button to search for a specific name, or any of the available filter items.
- If you are not sure of the spelling of the last name, just try the first few letters by entering "JO" into the "Last Name" you would get all last names such as JONES, JOHNSON, etc.
- If the search results are more than 500 records, press the arrow buttons on the search result window to view additional names.
- Most names starting with MC, MAC, LA, LE, DE etc. have a space in them, so you may need to try it with and without the space.
- Similar to the Last Name, by entering "JO" into the "First Name" you would get all first names such as JOE, JOSEPH, JOSE, etc.
- To select a causality month, you must first select a year, so that the month selection can be filtered to only months in that year where causalities occurred.
Once you have entered the data for your search, select the “Search” navigation button and a list of Names, Home of Records, Incident Date, Casualty Date, Panel and Line information will be displayed. If you get “No records match your search criteria” then use less Information or check the spelling of the last name.
Thanks to the Coffelt Group for providing a copy of the database and their support.
Includes the names that were added in 2016 as well as a few bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Get more out of your visit to the Vietnam War Memorial
Simple, straightforward, and easy to use, this app enables you to quickly correlate the name of a service member with the corresponding location of that name inscribed on the wall. This app serves as a timely upgrade to the printed directories in three-ring binders at the western end of the memorial. Have someone in your family or a hometown hero who's name appears on the wall? Use this app to arrive to the memorial prepared to visit the location where you'll find the name inscribed? Want to honor a buddy who's name is on the wall? Use the app to find the location ahead of time so you'll know where to go. Been wearing an MIA bracelet and want to find the location of your service member to see if he's been accounted for yet? Use the app to find the location on the wall. Thank you DCTourApps for making this app readily available, easy to use, and free! We look forward to using it frequently to enhance our interaction, understanding of, and appreciation of the Vietnam War Memorial and what it represents.
Easy to use and accurate.
Thank you for providing an easy to use free version. I was able to find names I was looking for with ease.
Great app to go along with the big version. This one can be downloaded anywhere.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.