A very comprehensive app on the Vietnam War just for the iPad. Brings action from the Vietnam War right on your screen. Vietnam War Interactive gives you a complete interactive experience with photos, videos, timelines, articles, etc.
Read about the major battles and events of Vietnam War in detail. Swipe through the detailed interactive timeline from 1858-1976. Watch video clips from the battlefield. See rare photographs.
- Ideal for anyone above age 12: students, adults and history enthusiasts alike.
- Gives you a complete overview of the Vietnam War without overloading you with unnecessary information.
- Very easy to navigate, use, read and understand.
- A complete experience with with pictures, videos and sounds.
- 21 video clips depicting action from the battlefield and elsewhere.
- Over 400+ photographs with an exclusive Photo Features section featuring air power, naval warfare, war protests and the battlefield.
The App is divided into 6 periods: Events leading to the war, the Diem era (1955-1963), the Johnson years, Escalation of war, Nixon years and America's exit. All the major battles and events are summarized in detail. The important leaders, small events/battles, etc. have been covered.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Some bugs have been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great compilation of resources
Thoroughly enjoyed what was presented ... very well organized. Ran without a single glitch on my iPad Pro. I enjoyed it tremendously. Not covering the closing years from 68 to 70 and the evacuation ought to be fixed, as one reviewer comments. But that's not enough to give it a low star rating. This is an excellent, well put together app. Kudos to the team that put this together ... great job. The war was lost because the military was never allowed to fight a "war". The media determined our actions and inactions. So we played games and of course ... lost. That was the statement of a North Vietnamese General several years after the war. Interesting. But it's history. Don't get your panties in a wad over it.
There is virtually no information about what took place from March 1968 until the end of 1970. A lot of good people, on both sides, died during those months. A lot of operations took place in that time span. Do some of the hard work and I will give you a better review.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Touchzing Media Pvt. Ltd.
- 343.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2016 Touchzing Media Pvt. Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.