Discover inspiring trail guides, download offline maps, and navigate with confidence on your next hike, run, bike ride, backpacking trip or outdoor adventure.
Go anywhere too: ViewRanger works offline without mobile and data signals.
*"One of the coolest uses of AR we've seen so far." -Apple *
*"...Must-have gadget for any aspiring hiker." - Red Bull *
*Best New Outdoor Tech –Backpacker *
*Trusted by 400+ Search & Rescue teams *
>> MAPS FOR ADVENTURE
Download offline maps onto your phone before you leave home. Then explore wild areas, even without cell coverage.
ViewRanger offers several map types, including:
*Worldwide Maps: Street maps, aerial and satellite images, and terrain maps.
*Best-in-class topo maps by country: See terrain and trail details other maps miss. The PREMIUM + USA maps bundle includes four map types: USA Topo, USGS Topo, USA Land Cover, and USA Slopes. USA topographic maps zoom down to 1:24k scale in Lower 48 and Hawaii. 1:63k in Alaska.
Exploring outside the US? Check out topographic maps for 23 countries, including Canada, France, Italy, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
>> TRAIL GUIDES
See routes posted by top publishing brands and find trails in national parks, state parks, and national forests. Check out every mile of Appalachian Trail (AT) and Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). Create your own routes too, and follow them on your iPhone.
>> GPS NAVIGATION & STATS
• See your GPS location on a map
• Record tracks and follow routes
• Plot and go to point of interests
• See live trip and navigation stats: time, speed, distance, navigation arrows, compass bearing, sunrise and sunset.
• Share routes and tracks with friends
>> VIEWRANGER PREMIUM
Supercharge the ViewRanger app with top-notch tools and maps to explore the outdoors. The PREMIUM subscription includes:
• Skyline AR: Use your device’s camera to identify peaks, places, and other points with augmented reality. See direction arrows and waypoints when following a route.
• AutoPlot: Find the best way from here to there. With a few taps, AutoPlot plots the ideal route for your next adventure.
• Unlimited Offline Maps: No signal, no problem! Save unlimited offline maps in 5 additional styles.
• Unlimited Tracks with Photos: Add photos to all your tracks. No limits. Take photos as you record a track or add them later.
• 3D Flyovers: See tracks and routes in amazing 3D. Replay your recorded tracks. Pan and zoom around pre-planned routes.
• BuddyBeacon: Safety first. Privately share your real-time location with friends and family. Requires a data connection.
Or, check out our PREMIUM + Map bundles featuring highly-detailed topographic maps in select countries.
>> APPLE WATCH
Explore with our app optimized for Apple Watch. Find and download nearby routes onto watch. Pan and zoom maps.
APPLE HEALTH provides detailed information about your activity, including the number of steps you’ve walked and your heart rate (when using Apple Watch™ or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices). Tracks recorded from activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Apple Health as workouts.
>> IN-APP SUBSCRIPTIONS
We offer a range of auto-renewing subscriptions, including: Premium; Premium + USA Maps; USA Maps; NRCan Maps for Canada; Premium + Ordnance Survey Maps for Great Britain; Premium + IGN Maps for France. Prices may vary per country. Prices are clearly displayed in the app.
Subscribe, pay, and manage subscriptions in your iTunes account. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the subscription price option you have previously selected. Subscriptions automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Refunds not provided for any unused portion of subscription.
- Some small visual enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
ViewRanger is absolutely the best outdoor navigation app for your phone or watch. I have used it for ten years. It has the widest selection of maps and the ability to plan routes, download routes from others, and save your own points of interest. You can save maps to your watch and navigate without your phone. If it had a step counter and connected to a heart rate monitor I wouldn’t need any other app for fitness or navigation. It would also be nice if you could record tracks directly on your watch. Currently your watch has to be tethered to your phone to record a track. It would also be nice if you could record points of interest directly on your watch.
Buggy and syncing is a mess
I stumbled across this app recently when looking for a replacement to my current GPS logger. It’s pretty feature-full, while still being simple enough for most people to use. The peak identifier is excellent and makes hikes more interesting.
Some things that need improvement:
- This app requires manual syncing of your tracks and trails. Why can’t it just automatically sync its data like every other app? I’ve also run into issues where I delete routes/tracks on my device, then when I sync, it re-downloads what I deleted from the server. Very frustrating.
- Apple Watch has become very unreliable. Whenever I used to start a track, the watch would show me how much I have left. It just doesn’t do that anymore. It will show the graph for distance remaining, but it’s useless because it’s completely inaccurate and doesn’t update.
- I’m not interested at all in a social feed aspect of trail tracking. It would be nice to not have to have this front and center every time I go to the page that has my routes and tracks.
- The settings can be a bit confusing and convoluted. For example, under Settings > GPS, there is a switch for GPS on or off. I don’t know the purpose of this. GPS automatically goes on when you start making a track, why is there a separate switch here?
I am a subscriber, but will likely be canceling due to these frustrations (particularly with Apple Watch, which was not happening before).
I’ve been trying this app out in order to track the areas I walk around Gaborone Botswana. So far I am pleased with it. I’ve been able to record trails that I walk in the woods, add interest points, and add photos of interesting things to each path. It also records the time and distance of each trail. I hope to go beyond the trails I already know and walk in new places without getting lost! I feel confident that this app will help me to achieve this. My only concern is that if I accidentally swipe the app up while walking, I will loose the maps that were loaded while at home with WiFi. I do not have the ability to reload through my phone service.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Augmentra Ltd
- 219.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Augmentra Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium + Maps for USA $19.99
- USA Topo Map $19.99
- Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.