ViftyDog is the first real Dog App. It’s primarily your dog’s app even if you of course are invited to tag along. Welcome to a fun and useful app for all dogs and dog owners who enjoy the daily walks and wish to get the most out of the day.
ViftyDog is a truly versatile app. On a map you can see – in real time – when other dogs are approaching, keep track of your dog’s daily exercise and have access to previous walks for future reference and comparison. With ViftyDog you can spot your dog’s favorites or avoid other dogs altogether. This app is ideal for dog owners who have a dog that loves to meet other dogs. Or a dog who has problems meeting other dogs. At your disposal you have a map where all other dogs and their location are shown (provided that they are also using ViftyDog).
Privacy is of great importance to us at ViftyDog. The only information about you and your dog that other people can see is the information you have provided about your dog.
The free version of ViftyDog offers the following functions:
Map when you are out walking:
- Circles in different colours show the locations of other dogs in real time.
- Click on a circle and you will see the size of the other dog (provided that dog’s owner has filled in this information).
- The track of your present walk.
- Your last five walks with information about distance, total time, start time, etc.
- A map showing each walk.
- More detailed information of walks, such as start time, stop time, average speed, etc.
- Fill in your dog’s name, size, gender and race.
- Offers the possibility to hide your track for others when you are close to home. This is only possible once you have set your home position under Settings on the front page. Your home location will not be shown to other users, provided you set your home location in the Profile page and select the "Hide your home" option.
To get the most of ViftyDog we strongly recommend the Premium Edition. Just click one of the orange “Premium”-buttons in the app to choose a monthly subscription or a discounted yearly subscription.
The Premium version of ViftyDog will add the following features:
The map shown when you are out walking:
- Receive a notification (a bark!) when you are approaching another dog.
- Mark dogs you meet as a favorite or as someone to avoid (depending on your dog’s preferences)
- See where the other dogs have been before their present position. Ideal to plan your own walk given the past movements of the other dog.
- Information about other dogs on the map when tapping the circles marking those dogs, provided that the other user has filled in this information.
- Set if you want to be notified if there is a chance/risk that you will meet another dog in the near future.
- See your dog’s complete history – all registered walks – not only the last five.
- The map of a previous walk will also show you the pace of the walk, where slower parts of the walk are marked in blue colour and faster parts in red. Brighter red = faster, darker blue = slower.
The team at ViftyDog wishes you an unfordogable day and lots of fun using the app.
Payment will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Promotional value codes added.
- Possible to choose between km/m and miles/feet under Profile.
- Added ascent and descent height during a walk in history.
- Added speed when walking
- Improved 'Average speed in motion' calculation.
- Bugs and crash proofing code.
- Magnus Balldin
- 79.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Viftydog Global Handelsbolag
- In-App Purchases
- Per month subscription $1.49
- Per year subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.