Consumers, collectors and experts alike have for years followed Antonio Galloni, Stephen Tanzer, Neal Martin and the rest of Vinous's team of world-renowned critics. Now, Vinous's app puts decades of experience at your fingertips with the essential tools wine lovers need to explore all things wine.
* Type a wine name or scan a label to search Vinous' archive of over 250,000 tasting notes and scores from wine critics you can trust
* Use powerful filters and sorting options to pinpoint the wines you are interested in
* Read articles on the latest releases from a team that spends months every year traveling throughout the world's wine regions to bring readers unparalleled insights and commentary
* Browse verticals and retrospectives to see how older wines are faring today and to learn more about the stories behind the wines
ESSENTIAL WINE RESOURCES
* Vintage Chart - Explore vintages across the world with our free Vintage Chart, which describes growing conditions and overall quality for every major wine-producing area in the world. Then click 'see all wines' to enter the Vinous database to read full tasting notes and scores (requires subscription)
* Vinous Glossary – Never be at a loss for words. The glossary explains every wine word you will need to know to be an expert
* Explore Grapes – Learn everything you need to know about grape varieties, where they are grown and what their main attributes are. Then click 'see all wines' to enter the Vinous database of to read full tasting notes and scores (requires subscription)
* Read tips for enjoying wine at home, including how to open and decant older wines
* Find where you can buy the wines you enjoy
* Add wine notes to your personalized "Playlists" for quick access.
The basic subscription level is free of charge once you've registered with your Facebook or Google+ account. This includes access to essential wine resources, as listed above.
Vinous Mobile subscribers can also see full reviews and ratings from Vinous' leading team of critics. Options include:
One Month for $7.99
Three Months for $20.99
Six Months for $35.99
One Year for $59.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. You will be prompted ahead of the period end as to whether you wish to renew your subscription. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. You can manage your subscriptions in iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Subscribers to the Vinous website also get full access to the app and other features.
If you have any support-related inquiries or need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
At the intersection of media and technology, Vinous is Antonio Galloni's vision of a modern-day wine publication. Vinous's team of renowned critics and writers offers in depth coverage of new releases, retrospectives and verticals of older wines, videos with winemakers, interactive maps and more, all published in a continual, daily stream of articles. With the acquisition of Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar in December 2014 and the addition of the IWC editorial team, Vinous expanded coverage to all major wine regions. Today Vinous has subscribers in over 90 countries and is one of the most respected wine publications in the world.
Small update to address stability issue.
Ratings and Reviews
Vinous is great, it’s app needs some work
Vinous and it’s reviewers are my #1 source for reliable reviews. I am in tune with the tastes and preferences of each of the reviewers. The developers should improve the app’s search feature to distinguish between articles and wine reviews, and they should add the great chats and discussion fora that are available on the website. Keep up the good work !
On an iPad, the app will not turn to landscape. You cannot search for articles, only wines. It keeps forgetting that I am logged in. It cannot connect with the Delectable app, despite having a button to do so.
Also, I signed up for the monthly subscription, and that means that a lot of the content is not accessible. If the article has multiple parts, like an article on Castello di Arma, when you click on the next part of the article, it kicks out to the website (instead of staying in the app), which the monthly subscription doesn’t give access to. So you can read the intro, but none of the content.
In short, if you’re not going to sign up for the $140/year, I’m not sure what you get. The scores are available other places for free, Delectable gives the reviews for a monthly charges and also more wines community rated as well, and you can’t get complete articles or search articles without the website.
The reviews are what matter
There is no question that Vinous has the best reviewers and that's what counts. I use this app all the time when trying to choose wines. It has saved me thousands of dollars of bad choices. Galloni says it's bad an I steer clear. Tanzer likes a wine... good investment. I get that it is annoying for some people to pay for good information but if you pay peanuts (or nothing) you should get monkeys (or nothing. Really helpful app. Good tools. Nice to look at. All good.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of the Vinous app. Glad to hear you are enjoying the app and find it helpful. Always glad to hear comments and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers! Maria
- Vinous Media LLC Apps
- 52.6 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Vinous Media, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.