Shoot retro-style videos with one tap.
Just press the record button to turn everyday scenes into hundred years old movies!
[[ Friendly reminder ]]
This app simulates an analog film-reel camera.
There are some restrictions that don't exist in other video apps.
- The maximum length of the video is 20 seconds for the default black and white film, and 6 seconds for other films. You can extend all films to 5 minutes if you purchase the PRO version.
- You can only append a new recording after the previous recording. If you want to create a new recording from scratch, export the previous recording first, then delete it.
- You only have one film for each effect
With these limitations, your creativity is challenged. Some people export multiple footages then use iMovie to create a full-fledged movie. Find your ways to fully utilize this powerful and fun tool!
[ Record stylized videos ]
- What you see in the preview is what you record
- You can append as many cuts as you like
- Free recording for 20 seconds for the Black & White Film, 6 seconds for others: best for SNS!
[ Realistic vintage effects ]
- Unique analog films effects: dirt noise and frameshifting
- The signature "Burning" effect when you stop playback
- The "Film End" effect after completing playback
- Realistic mechanical sounds make recording even enjoyable!
[ Simple operation ]
- All the main features are on one screen: record, playback, and camera flip
- Share your creations from the bottom-left share button
- You can always cancel exporting video by tapping the screen
[ PRO features ] (requires a subscription or one-time purchase)
- Extend all films to 5 minutes
- Record sound
- Full control of noise settings
- Import video from the camera roll
- Use front camera
- Square view/ square video export
- Fast & reverse play
- Free upcoming features
[ Troubleshooting ]
- Selfie is upside down — Turn off "Portrait Orientation Lock"
- Video not saved to Camera roll — Tap the Share button on the bottom-left, select video size, then select "Save Video". You might need to scroll down to see the option.
When you publish your work, please let us know with the tag #vintagefilmcam.
We can't wait to see your awesome artwork!
Limitations for now:
- Original color video recording will not be saved
- You cannot edit after recording. Please export the video and use other tools
We look forward to your opinions and requests.
[ For auto-renewing subscriptions ]
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Terms of Service: https://da1ssk.github.io/vfc/terms.html
Bug fix for exporting video
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good i like the way it performs but if it can catch more video record then i must say i llooovvee it and share more with others so that they can use this entrtaining and amazing app and get this app more viral .. so requesting u please would u make it more extend the recording so that we can go through our actions for more short period of time and get end our actions or whatever that complte the work nicely ... hope updated! 🙁😊
I really want to love this app. It just needs to provide the user with more control over the image. It would be great if we could decide how pronounced we want different effects like dust, scratches, soft focus, jitter, burn, etc. As it stands, the old film effect is too much for me. I’d like to use this app to gather a few fun shots at the weddings I film, but I think the 8mm look is a little too degraded for many purposes. Also, the ability to choose different film “stocks” would be fantastic! The developers should do some research in this area. I know it has different looks you can choose from, but I’m talking about providing choices that mimic actual 8mm film stocks. And while the developers are at it, they could make the interface look a lot more like a retro camera, just as icing on the cake. It’s too plain. This app definitely has potential!
paid for the pro version and it was working fine until the apps front camera decided to go upside down. i deleted the app hoping if i redownloaded it would fix the issue but the app asked me to PAY AGAIN. had to call apple support to refund my money. i tried downloading & paying for the pro version again and same thing happened. the front camera works for 5 minutes and then it goes upside down permanently. whats funny to me is that this app is $3.99 and the reviews have stated this glitch among other annoyances in this app and the developers have done absolutely nothing. if they dont come up with a fix within the week i will be calling apple support for another refund and i will not give this app another chance. $4 app is on the pricy side for you guys to do NOTHING to improve in months WOW, such a fun app ruined by laziness!
Developer Response ,
Sorry for your inconvenience. There is a setting called "Flip selfie" in the Effects tab (Please tap the center-left film shaped button to go into the settings). Please also check your device's "Portrait Orientation Lock" setting and make sure it's OFF.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Daichi Sasaki
- 45.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Kakumei
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Pro Features $29.99
- Full Access to Pro features $2.99
- Full Access to PRO features $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.