VintageRack is a minimalistic and convenient multi-effect application that contains modules realistically simulating notable retro gear from the early digital age with their natural lo-fi and warm aesthetics. Most of the effects in this application have been inspired and based on the principles of actual hardware from the 70s and 80s, which is great for giving the sound of any instrument the nostalgic and emotional mood of old recordings.
This application has a clean and intuitive user interface with a well-considered structure. All controls are located on the main screen, which is divided into seven slots for processing (effect) modules. The first slot contains the module for controlling the input, the last one is for controlling the output. Each of the five slots in between are designed to use one of the effect modules. The input signal passes from the first to the last slot and is then sent to the output.
Each slot has a Master Fader that controls the presence of the effect, and a Mute button that smoothly turns the effect on and off. These controls are available to be assigned to a MIDI controller, or to use as audio unit parameters regardless of the type of module in the slot. Also in each slot, there is a Parameters button that opens a panel of additional parameters for each module. Additional parameters of modules are kept to a minimum and represent the most suitable use cases.
The key idea behind application control is to first adjust the parameters of modules, and then use only the Master Fader to change the presence or depth of the effect and the Mute button to turn it on and off. Everything is geared towards fast and easy use.
Another great feature of VintageRack is the ability to set a lower bit depth of processed signal, typical for early digital devices, both for the entire path and for individual modules. As with these devices, this application simulates pre- and post-processing of the analog signal both before and after the digital circuits with the addition of companders, emphasis and filters, which makes the sound similar to the real devices.
- Analog-style compressor.
- Three band equalizer typical for mixing consoles.
- Classic and reverse delays with modulation feature.
- Two modules of Chorus simulating two well known devices.
- Two modules of Flanger with different options and tones.
- Two modules of Phaser with various sound character.
- AutoWah with several filters based on envelope generator.
- Combined effect of Tremolo and Vibrato with separate rate.
- Ring modulator with additional modulation of carrier.
- Two types of Fuzz with modulated filters.
- Simulation of one of the early digital reverbs.
- Input slot contains Noise gate and Automatic gain control.
- Output slot contains tape-style saturation and three general types of tonestack.
VintageRack is a universal application for iOS and macOS. It can work on iPhone and iPad as well as Mac / MacBook with M1 chip (and later). VintageRack works on iPhone and iPad standalone, as an Audio Unit or Inter-App Audio module, and supports Audiobus and Ableton Link. On MacOS, VintageRack can works both as a standalone application and as an Audio unit (AUv3) with DAWs and audio unit hosts like Ableton Live, Logic Pro, GarageBand, MainStage, Cockos Reaper, Plogue Bidule, Hosting AU, and other hosts that support AUv3 plugins. All application features are available on iOS and macOS, including MIDI support (with a MIDI learn option) and audio unit parameters. VintageRack has a built-in detailed description of all parameters also available as PDF file on the application site.
You can find more information on VintageRack and other experimental audio processing apps at:
- The plugin window can be scaled down even more. In some iOS hosts the window did not fit in visible area.
- Added fullscreen mode when using the plugin with GarageBand (iOS).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Igor Vasiliev
- 18.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Igor Vasiliev
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.