Scan & search vinyl, CDs, cassettes, MP3s, and any other format of your favourite albums and singles. Choose from over 12 million releases to add to your Collection or Wantlist, organised by folders. Sell your vinyl on the Discogs Marketplace and manage your listings.
- Scan barcodes to quickly look up releases
- Find your vinyl, CD, cassette, etc. right within the app, and immediately add it to your Collection or Wantlist
- Sell your copies on the Discogs Marketplace and manage your listings
- Filter searches by country, format, artist name, year, and more
- Organise your collection by folders
- Get price suggestions for selling your music
- Add details to your release such as media condition, sleeve condition, date purchased, or any notes
- View detailed release information including release date, country, popularity, extra artist contributors, and much more
- Rate releases and compare your rating to the community’s
- Multiple account support
- Light & dark mode support
- Widgets for your homescreen to track the price of a release on the marketplace, or show a random release from your collection
- iPad support with sidebar
VinylBox connects to your Discogs account to keep everything in sync. Sign up or log into Discogs right within the app.
*Album artwork appears correctly in VinylBox on all pages when you download the app, but has been blurred/replaced in the preview screenshots due to legal reasons.
In this update:
- New Wantlist loading design - shows a 'placeholder' type design rather than a spinning indicator.
- Free users can now add up to 3 releases to their collection.
- Subscription option for VinylBox Pro now consistently shows the correct price.
- Small bug fixes.
VinylBox has a brand new design with many new features:
- Widgets for your homescreen
- Light/dark mode support
- iPad app (sidebar support for iOS 14, disabled for now due to a bug, see below)
- Create/edit listings for releases
- View/edit your Discogs profile
Here’s a longer list of smaller updates:
- Add notes to each release in your wantlist
- Search your collection and wantlist
- Native listing view - when you see listings for sale, it will show up in a webview unfortunately there’s no API for this). When you tap to see a single listing, it will display natively
- Shuffle button - selects a random release from your collection
- View user contributions
- Better filter view for artist releases
- Edit your Discogs profile
- Added recently viewed to the Search tab
- Artist social networks are listed at the bottom of their pages
- Better error handling overall
- Flash and front-camera support when scanning a barcode
- Multiple results for a barcode if there are variations (before VinylBox would just show one)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great clean interface
I absolutely love the way this app is organized! It’s great being able to see all the folders, and I prefer this over the Discogs app just for viewing my entire collection because of the clean interface.
I usually add items and make folders directly through Discogs, and this app updates very quickly.
Almost the perfect crate digging app
First of all the UI is beautiful and I find it much easier to use than the native Discogs app. However all of these vinyl collection and want list apps are missing a key feature for shopping for vinyl. I NEED to be able to sort my want list by Genre first and then by alphabetical order. This is how almost every record store in the world is laid out. It is so hard not having genre as a top level filter followed by alphabetical. I have to sort my entire list and dig through it every time in each section to a store. It’s hard to do at a store. Please consider adding the genre sort for want list with a sub sort? It would make this a 5 star app for sure if you did. Another nice to have feature would be allowing us to see any comments on each release from Discogs. Even linking to them like you do marketplace would be fine. Thanks for considering these updates.
Great for certain things
When adding by barcode or catalog number, this is a phenomenal piece of software and I love the integration with Discog. My only issue which is the same issue I’ve had with other collection database software, is that adding items (to collection or wishlist) via the search function is not easy. For example, let’s say I want to add Pink Floyd - The Wall on vinyl via the search function. It’s not easy. There are dozens, if not hundreds of results, and it’s not easy to choose the appropriate title to add. Would love to see this resolved somehow, although I don’t know if there is a practical solution. Otherwise, love the app!
Developer Response ,
Hi domino82, thank you for your review and feedback! I really appreciate your kind words about VinylBox, it means a lot when users enjoy using it! As for your concern with search results, I will try to look into easier sorting on the app's end. Currently, on the Search screen you can filter results (if you select 'Release', you can choose year, genre, format, artist, country) - as this is what Discogs supports. I hope that helps! (You can contact me on Twitter @VinylBox_App or Facebook, both options available in Settings)
- Daven Gomes
- 11.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.6 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Daven Gomes
- In-App Purchases
- VinylBox Pro $4.99
- VinylBox Pro Subscription $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.