Welcome to Violet – the first App that helps you achieve balanced sun exposure and promotes a healthy sun experience while reducing the risk of sun damage due to ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
A healthy lifestyle is a balanced lifestyle. It means not only a balanced diet, balanced exercise and rest, but also balanced sun exposure!
Sunshine is essential to an active and happy life. It is our natural source of vitamin D. It promotes bone health and prevents many chronic diseases. It synchronizes the hormonal rhythms of our body. It is nature’s oldest remedy for adverse moods. But too much sunshine may do more harm than good to our health. It can lead to sunburn and skin aging. It may suppress the immune system and cause skin cancer.
Violet is here to help! It is your personal guide to help optimize your sun experience. With a friendly user interface, Violet offers unique features including:
• Personalization to the user’s skin type, age, and body size
• Displaying the local weather and UV index
• Predicting the user’s safe sun exposure time
• Notifying the user to seek sun protection before reaching the safe UV dose limit
• Estimating the daily amount of vitamin D generated from sun exposure
• Predicting the time remaining to reach daily vitamin D goal set up by the user
• Taking into account sunscreen applied and various clothing coverage.
• Offering contextual health tips on the safety and benefits of sun exposure
• Coaching the user on balanced sun exposure
Violet is not just another app to generate data. It is designed as a tool to encourage behavioral change toward a better health by reducing the risks while harnessing the benefit of sun. The goal is to motivate the user to get outdoors and safely enjoy the sun without fear it, and to Live Ultra Healthy!
Track and improve your sun experience with Violet. Join the Violet community and LiveUltraHealthy!
- Bugs fixed on units conversion
- Bugs fixed on UX of registration process
- Bugs fixed on disappeared circle in skin type test
- Bugs fixed on notification number on app icon
Ratings and Reviews
Auto UV index not working
The app can't get the updated UV index from the weather. I have to set it manually.
The vitamin D feature is very useful
Other than a few UI glitches, the app is solid. I agree on the principle of both too much and too little sun is bad for you so I was curious to try this app. To be honest, I mainly use the vitamin D feature. I rarely get burned. The suggestion part made me realize I only need a few minutes outsides to get my target vitamin D. Playing with the SPF and clothes is a good education tool. I can see in real time what the impact of these parameters can be on my daily vitamin D. This app can get much better if it keeps my history and analyzes it.
All flash no content
Great looking app and marketing with a personalized aspect to make feel special but absolutely useless. The signing up process is hell, won't verify your email and nothing to make it any easier. But say you got over that hurdle through google or facebook connection, things do not start looking up. If it doesn't get data from your location you literally have to set up the uv index yourself? Which makes the app absolutely useless. And since no information is given about which area it works with, give this app a super hard pass.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.