Have you ever wished learning scales was more interactive and fun? Thought so. If you had a virtual tutor that listens to your scales and shows her emotions while you are playing, you would want to keep her happy right? How motivating would it be to challenge your high score and see your progress on each scale over time on a graph? How helpful would it be to get instant feedback from the virtual tutor on your scale performance?
Violin Fingers Plus gives you everything you need to learn all the scales up to grade 5 (that's scales, arpeggios, natural/melodic/harmonic minors, chromatics, dominant and diminished 7ths).
Take a look at what you get:
- Virtual Tutor gives emoji feedback and current score as you play
- Current note being played is displayed
- Feedback given on intonation, speed and tone (volume)
- Performance graphs track improvement over time
- A high score is maintained for each scale
- Assign scales to sets (e.g. to be practised that week or to assign grades)
- Request a random scale from any set
- Recommended fingerboard patterns given for all scales
- Recommended fingering given for all scales
- Music notation given for all scales (long tonic form)
- Built in chromatic tuner to tune up your violin
- Built in metronome to monitor speed and maintain rhythm
- Advanced settings to fine tune app behaviour
Together, these features make learning scales more effective and fun. They boost motivation by introducing a "game playing" approach with instant performance feedback and personal (or shared) high scores to be beaten. The serious business of learning scales to support technique, help with sight reading and exam preparation is not compromised though. Presenting the recommended scale finger pattern and fingering along with the scale itself means you can start playing the scale straight away and learn how the finger patterns relate to the notes on the page. This is the fastest and most effective way to learn scales.
Feedback also plays a big role in learning and improving scale performance. The Virtual Tutor is not shy about showing emotions during a performance and gives an unbiased report at the end of each scale. This highlights areas that need improvement (e.g. intonation, tone and speed). As any issues are addressed you can see your performance for each scale improve over time, visualised as a graph (intonation and speed).
As well as boosting student learning and motivation, Violin Fingers Plus is also great for teachers wanting to monitor progress on scale practice between lessons.
There are no adverts, in-app purchases or subscriptions with Violin Fingers Plus.
Ratings and Reviews
Tried it with iRig HD 2 audio interface. Tuner works, but rest of application doesn’t hear me playing.
super helpful, but it would be amazing if there were an option for 3 octaves!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.