Symantec VIP Access helps protect your online accounts and transactions by using a strong authentication process when you sign in to your VIP-enabled accounts.
• Strong authentication: Provides strong, two-factor authentication when logging into your VIP-enabled accounts.
• QR/App Code: Scan a QR Code to generate site-specific security codes for strong two-factor authentication to your favorite websites.
Use VIP Access at participating organizations such as eBay, PayPal, E*TRADE, Facebook, Google, or any one of the hundreds of sites within the VIP Network: :
VIP Access adds strong authentication to your normal login in one of the following ways:
• Dynamically generate a one-time use security code on your mobile device. Use that code along with your username and password.
• Receive a push notification on your mobile device that you approve as authentication. If your organization requires you to define an additional device authentication mechanism to meet the security requirements, you will be prompted for the additional local authentication such as passphrases or biometrics.
• Enter a challenge number on your mobile device that you receive during authentication. The challenge number proves that you are physical present during authentication.
• Use Touch ID, Face ID, or Passcode in a push notification to authenticate yourself on your mobile device.
Note: Touch ID or Face ID authentication requires that your mobile device is Touch ID or Face ID capable and that you have registered a fingerprint or facial recognition authentication on the device.
The strong authentication method you use depends on the method implemented by your participating organization.
You can generate a security code even if you do not have a network or mobile connection.
Scan a QR Code at participating organizations such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more to generate a security code every 30 seconds to securely sign in. Enter this security code along with your password to add strong authentication to your favorite websites.
Be sure to read the VIP End User Agreement after downloading VIP Access: https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/end-user-agreement-english
• Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t like this app (AT ALL!)
I hate this app. Tied completely to your phone. Lose your phone, bye bye to logging into work. And why they don’t at least support NFC hardware like Yubikey is beyond me.
Of course, the culprits are the companies that require the use of this app. Smart companies would use methods that are widely adopted, like a 2FA app or a hardware key. But no, let’s lock people into something proprietary that’s a huge pain in the neck to use. And it’s yet another app I must install because of work. Yuck.
As you can tell, I’m not a fan 🤓
One entry I found for Symantec’s valuation is 10.7 Billion. That’s billion with a B. I’m bringing that up because it’s simple RIDICULOUS that a company with significant enough resources to reach a 10+ billion dollar valuation (and one that supposedly focuses on digital security!) could produce an app that functions so poorly. Not being able to effectively link accounts, copy the OTP, or set up the app with a new phone is, well, absurd. The number of other poor ratings indicate that I’m not alone in my feelings about this app. But hey, maybe it’s my fault. Maybe I shouldn’t expect billion-dollar companies to produce software that functions properly and is easy to use. As with most things, it seems Symantec spent the lowest amount they could and as with most other things, you get what you pay for. Kudos to Symantec for saving as much money as possible for a security application!!!
**update: given how *hit this app is, I’ll be turning off my 2FA for E*Trade so I NEVER EVER have to use this app again.
I was going on my second year of service with Norton. Didn’t have any issues until I changed my phone number. I couldn’t access my account. Contacted customer service and they said I would have to set up a new account because of the two factor authentication (?). Anyway, I asked why can’t they just change it to my new phone number. They said they can’t do that. Never received an answer as to why. I’m very frustrated. Asked them for a phone number. After a few tries of asking for a phone number to talk to someone, they finally gave it to me and said the answer would remain the same, no refund and I would have to set up a new account. As a customer, I am supposed to trust these guys? Absolutely NOT! I will take my business elsewhere. If I could give negative stars, it would. Never seen a customer service like this. I would caution people before using this company. Ultimately, it’s your decision.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Broadcom Inc
- 14.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 6.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Symantec Corporation