Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone or Apple watch!
"Making the cloud-connected car a reality"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
With the release of its all-new 5th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including real time status via the updated dashboards, and control via your Apple watch!
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module to the Viper remote start or security system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. You can also locate your car, share its location with your friends or family, and get safety notifications if your Viper SmartStart-protected car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get engine runtime and real time status on your choice of app dashboard. Get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, or check your fuel, battery, or odometer right in the app!
- All 4G LTE GPS modules come with a free 30-day GPS trial so you can check out the cool features right away, and there’s even an option for a year of free Basic service. Step up to Secure service to get 2-way control confirmations or add GPS or Small Fleet & Family for the ultimate in car control and monitoring along with extended warranty and theft protection.
The sleek, modern dashboards of Viper SmartStart 5.3 mobile app give you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Follow these three simple steps to get Viper SmartStart:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get a SmartStart system installed in your vehicle
3) Set up your account, and start using your SmartStart system
Viper SmartStart also includes Viper Motor Club, providing convenient 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. Member roadside assistance is free with Secure or higher level service plans and pre-registration. Even if you don’t sign up, you can use the guest program for the same great service at a fixed cost.
- Real time status on your favorite dashboard! Check the remote start runtime or whether your doors are locked and more instantly just by opening the app! (digital systems only)
- Monitor the battery, odometer, and fuel level in the extended Status page (requires a digital system, some features may not be supported on all vehicles)
- Convenient widget for one-touch command execution without needing to open the app first
- Start, lock, unlock or locate your car using your Apple watch, or send other commands
- Receive alert notifications on your phone and Apple watch
- Four user-selectable dashboards and launch page settings – now you can customize the app for the way you use it
- Modern dashboard "swipe up to start" feature eliminates accidental remote start commands
- Map page integrates GPS and SmartPark features seamlessly – locate your vehicle, or track down where you parked
- Manage notifications: Each user can select how they want to receive alerts or other notifications. Choose from push alerts with custom sound effects, email, or SMS (SMS alerts may not be available outside North America)
5.3.3 New Feature:
- Remote Start Runtime Reset
5.3 New Features:
- Battery Voltage
- Fuel Level
The Real Time Status bar provides instant feedback on:
- Remote start runtime
- Vehicle locked/unlocked
- Door, trunk, and hood open/close status
- Alert and panic notification
*New features require the Viper SmartStart 5.3.3 App, a SmartStart Pro with a DS4 or another digital system, or a Connect device with a DS4
Note: Some features are vehicle dependent and may not be supported
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like the app and the system
So I guess I’ll just review the app since my review for the actual viper system belongs else where. However I love the app, well built, well designed. You swipe up to start your car, you can lock it, sound alarm, open trunk, all that stuff. One of my particular favorite features is the ability to set a passcode to get into the app. So no one can start your vehicle (considering they don’t have your key fob for your remote start) with out a password. Nor can they unlock or anything. Which is a big thing for me because there’s things in my car that I wouldn’t want stolen (assuming you do as well) and it’s nice to know that I’m the only one that can access the app and do that myself. And if you do not have the GPS add on for your system and your only using the free 150ft start. I have to tell you it works from well over 150ft. At least for me it does, so that’s nice too. Overall I’m pleased with the app, there are some bugs and glitches that could be addressed but that doesn’t effect my overall rating and convenience of the app itself.
Good app, Apple Watch app needs improvement
The iPhone app has quite a few features, but I feel like some basic UI stuff is missing from the Apple Watch app. First, one thing I REALLY WANT is on the main dashboard of the iPhone app I wish it would tell me if the car is locked or unlocked without having to lock or unlock it first or go to the my car status information.
For the Apple Watch, this app seriously needs a complication. The app also should tell us if it’s locked, unlocked, engine running and for how many more minutes. It would be awesome if the complication could give a countdown on the 15 minute runtime.
I loved the viper for its phone and watch integration, but I find myself using my key fob most often because the iPhone is annoying to get out when I’m rushing around in the mornings and I never know what I’m going to get with the watch app. Did the car actually start? Is it locked or not? How much time do I have left? With the Apple Watch only gaining more popularity, app developers need to continue focusing on developing their Apple Watch apps as well. Please update yours with a few more features and it would be a solid 5!
I love it
So I like this app and I love it but I would prefer pressing a button like lock and unlock to start my vehicle should be optional like in the setting to use one or the other, then swiping up when I swipe up sometimes I swipe to my home screen cause that’s the only time I swipe up realistically and so it’s a more or less of a “instinct or habit” I’m kinda stuck on doing it over again. Literally wake up and then go to this app and start my car go change and eat boom by time I’m back cars all ready to go ——
If you use the widget on iPhone it’s just a button and I love even more now started using that. Wish there was a way to implement this on lock screen tho or in the Notification Center and if some how your phones in your pocket it’s pop up with a confirm button along with vibrate the phone
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review and feedback. There are a couple of other dashboards you can switch to that have a start button, instead of the swipe to start (swipe = Modern Dash). Go to Menu/Settings/Dashboard and you can choose the Classic Dash (all buttons) or Hybrid Dash (buttons plus map).
We’ll pass on the other feature suggestions to our dev team.
the SmartStart team
- Directed Electronics, Inc.
- 202.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 VOXX•DEI LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.