Play sessions are quick and challenging in this on-the-go action roguelike, featuring an infinite number of randomly generated levels and enemy patterns along with tons of weapons and other gear. Every round is guaranteed to be different as you fight your way through hordes of enemies, all to the steady beat of a crisp chiptune soundtrack.
Full version of Virexian is unlocked through a one-time in app purchase of ~$1.99 USD (local pricing may vary).
- Over 50 weapons along with numerous upgrades and variations to frame and movement modules, diversifying play styles across runs by changing the way you deal damage, move around and resist enemy attacks.
- Dynamic level generation that guarantees that no two levels are the same. Areas can be narrow and favor close range combat or large and leaving you without cover, or anything in between. Adjust your approach to your surroundings to get as far as possible.
- Controls are specifically designed to be simple and direct on a touch screen. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
- Large variation on enemies and numerous bosses. The difficulty increases as the game progresses, making the enemies more aggressive and powerful.
- Five original music tracks composed by chiptune artist Starving GOGO on genuine old school gaming hardware.
- Minimalistic art style that mixes new with old, and renders everything easily readable due to vibrant colors and distinct shapes, even when the entire screen is covered with bullets.
Bug fixes, primarily the error causing enemies to spawn outside of boss rooms in very rare cases.
Ratings and Reviews
The game is awesome and I constantly play it while waiting for things. It’s an awesome mech/shooter however I can’t upgrade to the full version as it repeatedly says that it can’t connect to the store. I would really appreciate it if you would fix this as I would really like to see what the full version has in store
As far as shooters go, arcade shooters, this is really a great game except for one fatal flaw ... on the joystick side, you left thumb stick, I cannot tell you how many times it failed on me causing me to get wailed on by enemies ... The most important part of one of these games is dodging, so that controller needs to be spot on ... aside from this, fantastic game ... it’s the only reason i didn’t give five stars!
This game is really cool
No ads, even in the free version, and the paid version doesn’t cost that much. I bought this game a couple years ago, and I still play and enjoy it to this day.
- Felix Hard
- 18.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © First Mutant & Felix Hard
- In-App Purchases
- Virexian - Full Game $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.