Every year, millions of people die prematurely from air pollution related deaths, including 1.7 million children. Exposure to poor air quality has been linked to asthma & cardiovascular diseases such as strokes, heart disease, and even cancer. Air pollution is the world's largest single environmental health risk. If reducing air pollution could save our children & millions of lives, why don't we care more?
Introducing project Virida. We want to provide a solution to the world where every person can find out what their surrounding air quality is like and how it impacts them. We need this solution to be affordable, portable, accurate, and integrated with a smart device. There is no such device in the market that successfully adopts all 4 of these principles in order to ensure global widespread adoption. Project Virida aims to drive maximum air quality awareness and the importance of green energy as it applies to our health.
Why do all of this? To connect people & show them directly with tangible evidence why green energy matters on an extremely personal level. Green energy is more than just about reducing climate change or improving economic sustainability. It's about maintaining the health of our communities and the health of our children. If we can successfully bridge this gap, then we all collectively win.
Project Virida comes in two phases. The first phase is this app that we have included default features such as:
- Ability to retrieve air quality summary from airnow.gov and aqicn.org for the current region you are in. For this version, the app is optimized for continental US region only.
- Along with the ability to retrieve air quality forecast data.
- Can show all air quality monitoring sites on the map from any city in the world.
- Ability to notify you when air quality is unhealthy and also the daily air quality alert.
The second phase is the release of the air quality sensor module that will be connected and transmit data to the app via Bluetooth. The second phase is currently in development. For more info please contact us at https://www.yeawareness.org/contact.
New updates for Virida 0.1.1 version:
- Redesign UI for a cleaner presentation of regional pollution data
- Using Google Map for viewing air quality monitor sites
- Improve app performance and stability
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Easy to use App
I’ve always wondered the quality of air living in Los Angeles compared to other cities, now I have access to this information anywhere I go with a few taps on my phone. Awesome work guys!
- Tuan Le
- 32.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tuan Le
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.