Immerse yourself like never before into ancient Jerusalem. Walk the streets, climb the steps of the Temple, and overlook the beautiful city from the Antonia Fortress. Using your device’s gyroscope, choose from one of many locations in the ancient city and enjoy a 360-degree view of Jerusalem and the surrounding hillsides. You can also explore the Temple Mount in a ground-level walkthrough helping you visualize the significant events in the life of Jesus and his apostles that occurred there.
1. What does our App do? It allows you to virtually immerse in the 1st Century city of Jerusalem. It gives you a chance to make better sense of your Bible study by allowing you to visualize and create context for what you are reading.
2. What problem does it solve? Greater contextual understanding of the Holy city with its Temple.
3. What's Unique about it? It is more detailed and polished than most 3D models of Jerusalem and Herod's Temple.
4. Why Download this instead of anything else? It's a free and engaging way to immerse yourself in a virtual version of Jesus’ world 2000 years ago.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Credits page added, and more user options.
Ratings and Reviews
Great job so far. Was trying to find the entrance to the city for Palm Sunday but currently the city views are restricted to specific locations. There is a bug in the temple tour where the sun appears black and sunlight elements show black all over the environment (the sun works fine in the city). No explanation about the Holiest Place (is that a rock? Where's the ark?). Looking forward to more detail, search terms to find places to explore (index of scripture references and locations), zoom into garden tomb/garden geth./calvary). Super excited about Ancient Rome/Greece and other places.
The culmination of a lot of hard work
This app is great! You can tell a lot of care has been put into all the detail of the layouts. I especially liked the option to view according to touch screen or the virtual reality gyro function. It made me feel like I was transported there!
One thing to fix: when I was in gyro mode of a view, then tapped the eye icon to switch to a different vantage point, the gyro function stopped working and the viewpoint would not move. I would have to switch from touch back to gyro to get it to work again.
Great work guys
I'm alumni and worked at the CID or CTL for a couple years as a student. This is great work guys. You should be very proud of your work. A suggestion... perhaps have one of the faculty do a guided tour and just have them speak freely and give more details. But great job. I look forward to really exploring this app since I've never been to the Holy Land and will probably never go.
The developer, Brigham Young University, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Brigham Young University
- 410.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Brigham Young University Religious Education