The Whitsundays is a diverse region incorporating the Great Barrier Reef, 74 islands, turquoise waters, magical sea creatures, world-famous beaches and a rich, historic hinterland. Through the Visit Whitsundays app we encourage you to explore this diversity, discover some incredible and unique experiences and then begin to plan your dream holiday.
Please take the time to enjoy the immersive 360 experiences with your Visit Whitsundays headset. On your journey through our region you will:
- Dive underwater and fly above the Great Barrier Reef revealing the hundreds of shades of blue and turquoise as the Reef glimmers in the sun
- Fly over Whitehaven Beach and discover the whitest sands and shimmering sea on this iconic beach
- Speed across the waters of Lake Proserpine in search of the elusive barramundi
- Plummet from the skies over Bowen’s beaches and experience the thrill of skydiving the Whitsundays
- Discover the fringing reef just off the beaches of Bowen where relaxation in paradise is found every day
- Meet the Whitsundays outback and learn about the rich and sometimes haunting stories of our past.
This App was made possible by funding from the joint Queensland and Australian Government’s Tourism Recovery Fund. Local Tourism Organisation Bowen Tourism and Business was responsible for directing this project, working in collaboration with local tourism operators and Regional Tourism Organisation, Tourism Whitsundays to promote our entire region. We hope you enjoy, share and visit the Whitsundays very soon!
- Bug fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.