Get paired with a Visor tax professional for your maximum deduction. Chat with your tax pro, upload any forms and we'll prepare your taxes, explaining everything; all for about the price of tax software. All of our tax professionals are CPAs or EAs (enrolled agents), so you know you're in good hands. Taxes prepared by Visor always come with full-service audit protection included. You can also chat with your advisor throughout the year, all questions welcome.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome concept, needs tech tweaking
Few things I’d suggest:
- When I submitted the first time, it said 24hrs turn around time. It was more like 36+ which is fine, I just wanted to know. It’s your taxes.
- I did not know there was an app til over 2 weeks later. Maybe it recently went live but shove that in people’s faces! I wanted to know that right when I was signing up or got that ‘thanks for signing up’ email.
- There was no email or notification (without the app) that someone had chatted me.
- On the website, there is no date timestamp, only the numerical hour (and there were weeks in between messages)
All in all, communicate more and keep getting better.
Update post submission:
- user experience
- that there is an app
- the chat feature
- knowing a person is prepping my taxes, not a machine
Would love to see improvement with:
- better response time to chats or a playbook of the chat can re-direct to helpful articles
- upfront pricing that doesn’t feel sneaky
It’s May 1 and they still have not filed my taxes. They also did not file my extension on time in spite of accepting payment for the extension so I think I will be fined because of their negligence. When I found a special email address for customer service they got back to me quickly and scheduled a phone call almost immediately with a guy who went ahead and did my taxes, refunded the extension fee, and said he could file an abatement for the lateness which was great. But that was over a week ago and now I’m still waiting for them to actually file my taxes.
This service is good in theory but I would much rather use TurboTax or something similar where I am in charge of the timing. The worst part is that every time I submitted something to move onto the next step it seemed like it was going through and I had to do a fair amount of digging to figure out it was not going to go through and then to figure out how to contact someone about that. At this point it would have been less work and a greater sense of security to do my own taxes. Maybe I will feel differently if they ever actually file my taxes and are successful with the abatement so I am not FINED.
This service is amazing. My tax situation is more complicated than most, but I’m still too proud to admit I need a CPA, so I went with a what I felt was the middle ground. Visor’s highly qualified professionals have helped me align things properly to get a bigger refund than I expected (I actually wasn’t even expecting a refund). Solid all the way.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.