Interactive reference with muscle action movies, free 1247 Gray's anatomy images add-on, 3D rotational models, full description, Latin names and audio pronunciation.
• Winners for 2011-2016 in Best Medical App (awarded by http://bestappever.com)
• Visual Anatomy is recommended by top U.S.-licensed doctors on HealthTap (https://www.healthtap.com/#apps/375/promote)
• Support English, French, Spanish and German languages
Visual Anatomy is an interactive reference, and education tool. It contains more than 500 high-resolution images (plus 141 single muscle images) and more than 850 feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. Major muscles have action animations. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points. In addition, 6 quizzes with 150 multi-choice questions also are included. It also has all Gray's anatomy images for a quick review.
••Differences between paid version and Lite (Free) version••
1. Paid version has deep muscles and muscle index table with audio.
2. Paid version has more than 40 muscle group action movies.
3. Paid version has more than 100 major muscle action movies.
4. Paid version has more than 200 bone markers.
5. Paid version has audio pronunciation for all anatomy terms.
6. Paid version has 150 more quizzes.
7. Paid version has all 1247 Gray's images.
8. Paid version has physiology animation videos
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It can be also used as human anatomy guide or anatomy dictionary.
• Latin names
• No internet connection is required.
• Physiology animation videos
• Tap and Pinch Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
• 3D rotational models
• Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
• Great for learning anatomy and physiology
• Audio: Pronunciation guide for all anatomy terms.
• High-resolution images.
• Free periodic updates.
1. Organ 3D overview
2. One of main sections - Muscles. It have 145 muscles including full description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS) and cover all superficial muscles and most of deep muscles. A muscle index table with 145 single muscle images.
3. One of main sections - Bones with some bone markers.
Skeleton overview, Skull, Inferior and Superior skull,Neck Bones, Spinal Column, Ribs, Pelvic Girdle, Hand Bones, Foot Bones. It also includes ligaments in knee, shoulder and ankle joints.
4. Respiratory System(overview), Lung,
5. Digestive System(overview), Liver,
6. Urinary System,
7. Nervous System(overview), Brain, Central Nervous System,
8. Reproductive System (Male and female),
9. Senses (Finger, Hand, Ear ,Mouth, Nasal Cavity, Nose, Tongue,Human Denture)
10. Circulatory system. (Principle Veins and Arteries, Heart Anatomy, Head vessels)
11. Endocrine System (overview)
12. Lymphatic system
12. 6 quizzes with 150 multi-choice questions
13. 1247 Gray's anatomy images.
When you input more than one characters, the search function automatically gives a list of potential key words. You can just select one of them from the list. The result will be the feature point on the anatomy image and label.
I'm open to suggestions so don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you have some feedback.
Major update: Add movies for anatomy and physiology.
Ratings and Reviews
Need to explain an injury or accident to your doctor in words they completely get? Use this. I have been for years, with multiple injuries myself and a pain patient, it's very useful. Easy way to really get to know your body in extreme detail.
I'd get it, especially if I didnt understand medical terminology. Great way to learn it.
I got it because I was tired of just talking to my doctors and getting discounted because you cannot see broken bones in the drs. Office, this gives you the tools you need
Offers wide range of features, but lacks in user ability.
I’ve had this app for about a day now, and I really find it quite extensive. Popping from one section of the body to another is simple, but there are a lot of things that could be fixed. First and foremost: why is the 3D mode so tacky and hard to handle? Every time I try to rotate when zoomed in, the program automatically zooms back out; so frustrating! Another thing: why can’t I look from every angle without having to change between different rations? (Please make the viewing angles 360 degrees). One thing that bothers me is the inability to remove body parts. Also, please improve the definition! There’s so little detail when zooming in. I’d like to see and understand the small areas and surfaces of the body (ramus parts, epicondyles, foremen, surfaces based on direction in the body, and so on). If there was a fix for these things, I would appreciate the app a lot more. Even if the app costs an extra couple dollars to upgrade, I, and I’m sure others, would be more than happy to pay the premium.
All in all, this is a good app for the money, I would just like some polishing and refinement to make this app’s experience so much more enjoyable and satisfying.
LOVE THIS APP. USE IT ALL THE TIME.
I’ve used this app a hundred times if I’ve used it once. I have a complex series of health problems and I’ve had a lot of injuries. This app helps me to understand and visualize what has happened when I’m injured and it helps me talk to my doctor about them. I have also learned a lot about anatomy from studying this app. The one thing I’d like to see more in depth illustrations of is the nerves, to help me trace the nerve pathways through the arms and legs and see where they originate.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- YingLiang Ma
- 294.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2012-2024 Education Mobile Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.