Visual Task Timer - the countdown timer built for public speakers, teachers and students. Everything about Visual Task Timer is designed to make it easy to see at a glance exactly how much time is left so you can concentrate on finishing your task. No more trying to find a wall clock halfway through a final exam or glancing at your watch in the middle of a big presentation.
- Elegant, high-contrast display is easy to read from a distance.
- Set a low-time warning to remind you to start wrapping up.
- Option to disable your device’s lock screen so the time display remains easily visible throughout your task.
- Overtime clock display can tell you how much extra time you’ve used.
- Siri shortcuts allow you to set and manage your timer from Siri or the Shortcuts app.
- Works great on all sizes of iPhones and iPads.
- Dark and light color themes are easy on the eyes.
- Widgets let you quickly view your timer from your device's home screen.
- Fully updated for iOS 14.
Why does the world need another countdown timer app? I’m frequently required to give public speeches or make presentations. I'm also quite nearsighted, which makes it difficult for me to read wall clocks from a distance. As a result, I’ve long sought a simple timer app that I could just set down on a nearby desk or podium to help keep my talks from running too long. No app I could find quite fit the bill. Some are beautiful but difficult to read. Many let my phone’s lock screen blank the display after a few minutes. And as far as I can tell, none provide an option for an audible low-time reminder.
I designed Visual Task Timer to meet my own needs, but I’ve since found that it can serve many other useful functions. Teachers can use it help administer tests. Just prop an iPad up in front of the class, and your students will know exactly how much time remains before “pencils down.” Need to keep a panel of conference presenters on schedule? No need to assign an intern to keep time; let Visual Task Timer do the job. I hope you’ll enjoy using Visual Task Timer as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Thank you to everyone who has supported development of Visual Task Timer by contributing to the tip jar, writing App Store reviews, and sending feedback. Version 2.5.0 is fully updated for iOS 14 including support for widgets! Add a Visual Task Timer widget to see your countdown time from your home screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Use in my Kindergarten class
This is the perfect timer to keep my class on task. During play time, they have 5 minutes to get cleaned up to start learning activities - I love that this timer gives a reminder to clean up and once completed. It’s simple and easy to use.
As of IOS 13, I’ve noticed a few bugs: 1) the icon in the “recently used” bar at the bottom, doesn’t open the app any more. 2) whenever the app produces a sound, the app closes.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. Version 2.3.3 fixes the issue with playing sounds when running Visual Task Timer on iOS 13.1.
[Thanks to the developer for responding after one year, after 2.0 was released. I was prompted to re-download the app and add a few more observations.]
There are several missteps in this app:
– [FIXED in 2.1] It's not possible to set a low-time warning of under a minute. I need to time one-minute presentations, with a 15 second warning.
– [FIXED in 2.1] It’s also not possible to set a timer under one minute. I now find myself timing 30-second elevator speeches, which I can’t do with this app.
– [FIXED in 2.0] The volume of the sounds is tied to the device's ringer volume, instead of the devices sound volume. I typically keep my ringer turned off so that a call doesn't disturb a meeting.
– [FIXED in 2.1] No sound for low time warning.
– [NEW] No user-selectable sounds. The single sound isn’t loud enough or long enough.
– Time entry is clunky. iOS has a perfectly good interface for selecting times, which would be much easier and faster. [UI changes in 2.0 make this easier, but only by a smidge.]
– [FIXED in 2.0] The reset button takes you to the settings screen — an unnecessary step if all you want to do is reset the timer for the next person. [Either 2.0 fixed this (it’s been a year, so I don’t remember) or I’m less bothered by it.]
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. Recent releases of Visual Task Timer include a few changes you’ll appreciate. The time warning sounds are no longer affected by a device’s mute switch, so you can silence your phone without silencing the timer. In addition, when you confirm that you want to reset the timer, a new countdown automatically begins, saving you an extra button tap. Finally, version 2.1.0 allows you to set seconds for both the countdown time and the warning time.
Keeps me focussed
I do a morning program of 10 minutes of exercise, 5 minutes green smoothy, 10 minutes meditation, 5 minutes of journal writing, 10 minutes of sending notes of love, honor, appreciation to my wife, and five to my kids, 10 minutes on business revelation and 5 minutes of business distinctions to colleagues. This program keeps me focussed on my program so I can get it all done in 60 minutes. Thank you, this system keeps me focussed.
- Erik Heitfield
- 31.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Erik Heitfield
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $0.99
- Large Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.