Non-indexed full text search of files supporting filters and many folder traversal options.
- Apple Silicon native
- fixed UI glitches on Bir Sur
Ratings and Reviews
VisualGrep works but be prepared to figure-out things on your own. I found a corresponding github project and it mentions that all your settings are not persisted, which I had already discovered. The developer acknoweded the issue in 2015 so don’t expect a fix.So far I think it works but is a pain to use because you have to configure it every time that you use it.
Application require some improvements.
This application is important for me because it's have no alternative.
This a good application but it contain some bugs.
1) Application is not saved the current window state - when I hide the template pane, then close the application and open it again, the template pane is shown again.
2) When I try to add "prefered Viewer/Editor" in settings pane I get th next behavior: the editor was added to the list but it's not selected, I tried to select the editor in the list but it's not selected, I tried to select the editor again and at this moment it's can selected.
3) I can not hide the filters pane - big place is not used.
4) Cross on the top right side do nothing.
5) Reload button on the top side is duplicate the Search button functionality.
6) When I select multiple files and try to open all in external editor - editor open only single file.
7) Settings "Preserve the "Search in Folders" value" in preference pane do nothing.
8) Settings "Trusted paths" in preference pane do nothing.
9) The table headers is not beautiful - not in the center of places.
I Wait for fixed the bugs and after it I give you more stars.
Needs some work.
1st. When using dark mode, the Filter on file name() does not show textboxes and dropdowns correclty...it's supposed to be a dark background but instead shows all white.
2nd. Same issue above for the Filter on file name (.DS_Store)
3rd. When pressing the search button, it does not indicate that the search is in progress. After several times of clicking on the button I realized that it was searching by a little progress bar below. It would be nice to indicate that the search is in progress after clicking on the button.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- davide ficano
- 1.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Davide Ficano
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.