VividTracker is an Amiga Protracker compatible music maker app. You can load, save, edit, and create new ProTracker modules.
1. Compatible with Protracker modules created on the Amiga
2. Allihoopa support.
3. Supports AudioCopy 2: Import samples from other apps, export audio output to other apps
4. Supports Audiobus 2: VividTracker can send audio to other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis through Audiobus.
5. Great sample editor, where you can easily set loop points, cut and paste samples, etc.
6. Dropbox folder support
7. AutoChord feature
8. Cut, Copy and Paste rows, tracks or full patterns
9. Load modules from other apps such as Mail or Safari
10. Open modules in other apps from VividTracker
11. Email modules
12. MIDI in support
13. Bluetooth keyboard support
14. Send samples to Korg Volca Sample
15. Send pattern data to Korg Volca Sample (this is the only app that can do this)
- It is now possible to copy stereo samples, which will then be split into two samples (left channel as one sample, right channel as another). Press the STEREO button on screen 4B to set stereo mode.
- Allihoopa has closed down their social network, so the Allihoopa button is now removed from Screen 1B.
- Better support for iPhone X/XR/XS and the new iPad 11" & 12.9".
- Dropbox button is now behaving a little bit better.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs work, but is really good
Less intimidating and cheaper than anything else on the market. Always did like that trackers helped you focus on rhythm than on waveforms. Proper musicians start with sheet music. Many a tune was engineered on a tracker, even if real hardware™ was used to produce it.
Needs a few adjustments for user friendliness (switch screens 3 and 5!), and could use the ability to export to PCM and a menu for editing options, like for interpolation, Hz, and colors.
PS, it can't handle some of the more advanced techniques that mods like Hoffman's "generator" use. Talk to 8bitbubsy about it! He managed to make a fully-fledged PT emulator for desktop.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comments. Switching screen 3 and 5 is a good idea, I will take a look at it. A menu for changing colours would be nice too. I downloaded Hoffman's "generator" and you are correct; something is not working the way it should. I will compare the sound with Protracker 2.3d on my Amiga 1200, then fix this problem.
Brings back memories
I LOVED my Amiga500 with ProTracker. This is so cool seeing a Tracker again close to the ones i had on Amiga. This brings back some great memories of the years i had such fun making music on my A500. Too bad i no longer have a way to have access to my old tunes, but that is not this app's fault.
A very nice tracker - a few changes would be nice
This is by far the best tracker app you will find, kinda hard to find in AppStore because it's underused. However, this app is great, letting you audio paste or use a midi keyboard as input. One change I'd like to see is a way to import midi files so I could lay out a quick beat in another app and then use that. One other thing that would be nice is a file server system over local network so I can wirelessly send .mods between pc and iPad. Other than that, this app is great!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.