VividTracker is an Amiga Protracker compatible music maker app. You can load, save, edit, and create new ProTracker modules.
1. Compatible with Protracker modules created on the Amiga
2. Supports AudioCopy 2: Import samples from other apps, export audio output to other apps
3. Supports Audiobus 3: VividTracker can send audio to other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis through Audiobus.
4. Great sample editor, where you can easily set loop points, cut and paste samples, etc.
5. Dropbox folder support
6. AutoChord feature
7. Cut, Copy and Paste rows, tracks or full patterns
8. Load modules from other apps such as Mail or Safari
9. Open modules in other apps from VividTracker
10. Email modules
11. Virtual MIDI in support
12. Bluetooth keyboard support
13. Send samples to Korg Volca Sample
14. Send pattern data to Korg Volca Sample (this is the only app that can do this)
- MIDI input support is improved. You will now see VividTracker as a virtual
MIDI port in other apps such as AUM. This means you can use VividTracker as
an Inter-App Audio synth from AUM. In AUM, C-1 to B-3 are used for playing
notes of the same sample, while C-4 and up triggers different samples (e.g.
C-4 plays sample 1, C#4 plays sample 2, D-4 plays sample 3, etc). The note
played by each sample is given by the default note of each sample on
- VividTracker now supports Audiobus 3.
Ratings and Reviews
Brings back memories
I LOVED my Amiga500 with ProTracker. This is so cool seeing a Tracker again close to the ones i had on Amiga. This brings back some great memories of the years i had such fun making music on my A500. Too bad i no longer have a way to have access to my old tunes, but that is not this app's fault.
Needs work, but is really good
Less intimidating and cheaper than anything else on the market. Always did like that trackers helped you focus on rhythm than on waveforms. Proper musicians start with sheet music. Many a tune was engineered on a tracker, even if real hardware™ was used to produce it.
Needs a few adjustments for user friendliness (switch screens 3 and 5!), and could use the ability to export to PCM and a menu for editing options, like for interpolation, Hz, and colors.
PS, it can't handle some of the more advanced techniques that mods like Hoffman's "generator" use. Talk to 8bitbubsy about it! He managed to make a fully-fledged PT emulator for desktop.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comments. Switching screen 3 and 5 is a good idea, I will take a look at it. A menu for changing colours would be nice too. I downloaded Hoffman's "generator" and you are correct; something is not working the way it should. I will compare the sound with Protracker 2.3d on my Amiga 1200, then fix this problem.
Back to your roots!
Remember Amiga? Remember the demoscene? If you can answer yes to both of these, you'll love Vividtracker. This is the real deal, a Protracker 2 clone with VERY little added to its core functionality. There are, of course, interoperability additions, like audiopaste, Audiobus, etc—but the core of the tracker itself has only been expanded by activation of the 08 effect as an auto-chord. Want to learn how we did it back in the day? Buy this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.