Interested in how scientific visualizations are made? The VizBang app offers you the opportunity to try your hand at creating stunning scientific visualizations.
Create visualizations of data from space probes and satellites, digital earth and mars elevation data, MRI and ultrasound imagers. Students will learn how colors are mapped to information in order to create beautiful visualizations that help us learn as much as much as we can from the data.
Students can play and experiment with the app, create custom color palettes, and pan and zoom the images to highlight certain regions of the images.
For specific practice, try creating these specific visualizations:
1) Create a visualization of the sea surface temperature image that uses as many warm colors as possible for warm, tropical water, and as many cool colors to depict the more polar water temperatures.
2) Create a photo-realistic image representing the world’s elevations. Mountains should look snow-capped, water should be blue, lower elevations should range from light-green, to dark green, to browns, etc. The elevation image is very detailed and large so it takes a long time to render. Be patient, the wait is worth it. Play with other images first until you are good at creating palettes before trying this super detailed image.
3) An extremely detailed color palette for the world’s elevation that shows off the Mississippi River valley in as much detail as you can.
4) Use any other image you choose and make something that has artistic value. Be creative and send screenshots to your friends of the work you create!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
The developer, Building Rainbows Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- WILLIAM CHAPMAN
- 48.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 BuildingRainbows Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.