VMedia Protect – wireless home security system
At VMedia, we offer easy, affordable and accessible services and VMedia Protect is no exception. VMedia Protect is an advanced, wireless home security system that protects you and your family from break-ins and unwanted intruders. VMedia Protect app allows you to manage your home alarm system on the go, from the palm of your hand. Protecting your home and family has never been easier.
With VMedia Protect, arm/disarm your home security system, monitor your sensors, manage users and know if your home security goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
VMedia protect uses a security hub, window and door sensors, PIR sensors along with your app, arming you with comprehensive wireless home alarm monitoring.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH VMEDIA PROTECT:
- Arm and disarm your home from the app
- 3 arm options for your needs: stay, for when you are inside your residence; away, for when you are away and night mode
- Knowing who’s coming and going with event history
- Receive security alerts on your phone telling you what triggered an alarm – either a door or window was opened or someone entered/existed a room
- Status of all zones (doors, windows, motion sensors)
- Create scenes – presets based on your schedule
- Easily manage users
- Manage multiple security systems, for home and office, all in one place
WHAT YOU GET WITH VMEDIA PROTECT:
- 24/7 professional monitoring and response
- Wireless – Our motion and door sensors connect to the Security Hub wirelessly.
- Internet based – no phone landline required
- Easy installation – plug in your security hub, place your sensors on entry points and call to activate.
- Your home security system will be up and running in under 30 minutes
- 24 Hour Battery Back Up – in the event of a power outage, VMedia Protect’s Security Hub features a
built-in rechargeable battery to keep your system powered for up to 24 hours
- Pet Immune – Our system utilizes infra-red motion sensors and can differentiate between humans and your furry companions.
Please note: a VMedia Protect plan is required.
VMedia Protect can be easily customized to your home – add additional door and motion sensors to accommodate entry points. Take your home security system to the next level with additional home security accessories such as pin pads, key fobs and extra window decals.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in switches disappearing in the device settings screen as you scroll.
- Camera provisioning improvements.
- Added BAT Connect sensor reset option in the settings screen.
- Added an option to the Motion Detection Area / PIR screen to "Refresh" the data.
- Added in-app review prompts.
- Added smoke/fire trouble and smoke reset support.
- Added Z-Wave Unlock/Lock Trigger Events
- Added Z-Wave Optimize Network feature.
- The app should now switch to a panel in entry delay or alarm if the said panel isn't in view.
- Removed strength requirement on new passwords in the change password dialog.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the crashing of the app when leaving the event log screen.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the crashing of the app on legacy BATs using KeySwitch.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the "Change Password" button not being clickable by sub-users.
- Added new camera firmware support.
- Fixed some crashes that could occur if the user leaves the app while on a Z-Wave device screen.
- Fixed an issue where the app would take a long time to log the user out upon launch if the user's password had been changed outside of the app itself (such as via AC).
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the user sometimes needing to press the login button more than once on the initial login screen.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.